Released on September 2, 2021
- Ascendancy in Knight of the Chalice now properly gives the +2 to Attack and Damage with all weapons it says it does.
- Radiant Servant's Cure Moderate Wounds can now be cast on undead players.
- Offhand Versatility no longer erroneously drops on death.
- Legendary items now drop from Legendary level quests in Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh instead of their upgradable Heroic equivalents.
- Legendary Greensteel Augments now display their descriptions when slotted.
- The binding status has been corrected for several items within the Sands of Menechtarun.
- Sovereign Lightning Strike on accessories now functions correctly.
- Several set bonuses from the Red Fens now function correctly.
- Random loot and Cannith Crafted weapons now have their correct (W) scaling.
- Cleansing rituals now properly work on Web of Chaos items.
- The Monster Manual Volume 8 Living Spell Creature Companion reward no longer shows a string table error in its tooltip.
- Having a mainhand weapon be a Favored Weapon no longer inadvertently removes certain Critical bonuses from your weapons, such as from the Inquisitive universal enhancement tree.
- Crayfish are no longer getting an erroneous damage bonus from strength. Additionally, they should double hit somewhat less frequently.
- Some general stat mods have been adjusted for vermin.
- The healing amplification debuff by Plague Reapers is now more visually noticeable.
- The effect of the Slow Trap spell used by some enemies now only lasts for 20 seconds on players.
- Skeletons found within Saltmarsh are no longer healed by positive energy.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Reaper Mode's Resurrection Ward will no longer be erroneously reapplied in certain situations after a player snaps back to their soul stone.
- Several Optional and Bonus chests in quests in the Sands of Menectarun and The Vault of Night adventure packs no longer drop deprecated Epic Seals and now drop their appropriate pack upgrade ingredients.
- The Fatespinner has returned to her place within the Saltmarsh Tavern, as well as remaining in her location within the Saltmarsh Training Hall.
- Swim At Your Own Risk
- Fixed an issue with a mage boss missing spells on some difficulties.
- Fixed an issue with a barrier that dropped too early and could lead to more than one version of Thousand Teeth being spawned.
- The Public Grouping system has received an update! The system now automatically sets the level range to correspond with the level of the content you are running:
- In Heroic levels, the upper level boundary is now the instance level, and the lower boundary is the instance level minus three. So, a level 6 quest on elite (which is instance level 8) will always be open to levels 5-8, regardless of the level of the players in the group. This has an upper limit of 19.
- In Epic levels, the lower level boundary is now 20 regardless of the quest CR. The upper level boundary is the instance level +2, due to Epic levels having an expanded Bravery Bonus range. So, a level 25 quest on Elite will now always be 20-29. This has an upper limit of 30.
Released on August 18, 2021
- Horizon Walker
- No Step Missed now has a higher chance of regenerating a charge on Vorpal.
- Banish the Quarry now properly attempts to banish Extraplanar creatures.
- Corner the Quarry now has its intended 20-second cooldown.
- Guidance now uses its unique cooldown.
- Bonuses to Marking from the 5th Core Dimension Door now apply properly.
- Coup de Grace's DC now works as intended.
- Shifter and Razorclaw Shifter's Favored enemy enhancements now grant their associated Favored Enemy feats properly.
- Knight of the Chalice
- Adept Combatant now properly adds Warhammer and Heavy Mace as Favored Weapons.
- Holy Combatant now properly adds Greatsword as a Favored Weapon.
- Sacred Defender
- Paladin's Tier 5 Divine Revelation now provides its missing 1 Spell Resistance, and no longer provides additional unintended bonuses.
- Several small item bugs have been fixed.
- Several typos in the Epic and Legendary item crafting system have been corrected.
- The Legendary Sword of Shadow cosmetic version now has a yellow border, and its recipe now has more specific naming and text..
- After acquiring a feat, enhancement, or destiny ability that grants a new Favored Weapon, you no longer need to unequip and then re-equip your main hand weapon for it to be properly recognized as a Favored Weapon.
- Players can now trade 250 Threads of Fate for a Soul Vessel. Open the Threads of Fate barter window by double-clicking on Threads of Fate in your inventory.
- Saltmarsh throwing weapons now fly correctly.
- Newly made cosmetics of the Shadowscale Outfit will now display their proper appearance.
- Vulkoorim Fighting Leathers can now be properly upgraded.
- More non-cosmetic docents now properly show their jumpsuit appearance layer.
- The Lizardfolk Sentient Jewel now displays properly in your weapon tooltip.
- Most monsters encountered underwater will now gradually sink down to ground level once they engage in combat.
- Nightmares are no longer immune to cold.
- Monsters have had their token fragment drops restored, and now drop more than they used to.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Sands of Menectarun
- Zawabi's Revenge now consistently drops Sands Runes when completed.
- Zawabi's Revenge now drops the correct number of Sands Runes for each difficulty.
- Epic Elite Zawabi's Revenge has had its chance at named items raised to be consistent with most other Epic Elite content.
- Fixed an issue where some obsolete ingredients continued to drop in certain quests and difficulties.
- Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
- Danger at Dunwater - The final battle will no longer have enemies spawning outside the boundaries of the fight.
- Down You Go - An alternate path to bypass the jumping puzzle is now available if you can find it.
- Down You Go - The waterfall in the pillar room now stays off if you leave and then return.
- The Hijacked Haul - A locked chest has been moved to a drier location.
- Under the Cover of Darkness - Corrected a string table error in some action text when you fail an Intimidate check.
- The Saltmarsh Training Hall is now open for business! This is a building on the way out of town with horses in front of it that now contains the Saltmarsh class trainers and Fatespinner.
- The Quest arc now awards treasure of the appropriate level when you turn it in.
- We have significantly increased the number of Pack ingredients that drop in chests in Phiarlan Carnival, The Sands of Menectarun, Sentinels of Stormreach, The Chronoscope, The Red Fens, The Vault of Night, and The Web of Chaos quests. While some optional chests can continue to be able to drop these ingredients (no changes have been made to drop location), end chests remain the primary source for these ingredients.
- Epic Devil Assault now drops Fractured Slivers of Time, at levels lower than other quests due to there being more eligible chests in this raid.
- Several changes have been made to specific Alchemist spells in order to alleviate performance pressure on the game client.
Released on August 4, 2021
- Poison Damage Resistance now properly reduces Poison Damage.
- Druids now get Protection from Elements Mass as a level 7 spell.
- Changes have been made to the spellcasting system that make casting spells more reliable. This may prevent dry firing of spells in certain situations.
- Hirelings will now cast their spells more reliably when directed to do so.
- Fixed an issue where trying to swap out of a missile weapon into a melee weapon wouldn't queue properly.
- Monster perception range is now slightly smaller (this may not apply to raid bosses or custom bosses).
- Saving throws on all epic monsters on elite and hard have been reduced.
- The Legendary II monster boosts have been removed.
- Underwater combat has been adjusted for playability, and no longer adjusts what spells are able to be cast, penalize your movement or attack rates as severely, and instead makes fire spells deal 80% damage and electric spells deal 120% while underwater.
- A new Universal Enhancement Tree called Horizon Walker is now available!
- Many changes to other trees, both bug fixes and modifications
- The 400 Gatekeeper Favor reward is now the Horizon Walker Universal Enhancement Tree, awarded on a per-character basis.
- Patron Reward feats should now consistently remain on you through Lesser and Epic Reincarnations.
- Burst of Glacial wrath now works on everything, rather than erroneously excluding certain monsters.
- Patron Reward feats should now consistently remain on you through Lesser and Epic Reincarnation.
- Favored Enemy feats now have more accurate descriptions.
- Permanent Gold Seal Hirelings, such as the Onyx Panther, Saltmarsh Bullywug Rogue, and Owlbear Defender are now Bound to Account.
- Scroll/Seal/Shard Loot System was removed, and replaced with a pack specific turn in.
- You can trade your existing scroll/seal/shard items for the appropriate Pack Ingredient
- End Game Items have been modified to lower the power level of items at the level cap
- Named Items found within Legendary content will be adjusted and normalized to values appropriate to their minimum level. This means that an item found within Ravenloft will match the power level of an item found within Sharn, or Feywild, or any of our other current Legendary content.
- Monster power level at end cap has been moved downwards to match the item changes.
- Guild Augments have now been fully deprecated.
- Lootgen Docents (and some other older Docents) should once more display their correct base appearance.
- Docents with old armor potion kits applied should once more show their appearances.
- Weapons that do non-mundane damage such as Flameblades or Celestia now correctly interact with DR and resistances.
- Trap the Soul now requires a standalone special component called a Khyber Dragonshard that is found in shops wherever high quality spell components may be found. This component works for all variations of Trap the Soul.
- Brilliant Crescent (main hand) now works with Swashbuckling.
- The Flamecleansed Fury set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Hruit's Influence set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Arcsteel Battlemage set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Arcsteel Battlemage set now properly gives +1 Intelligence as listed (was +2).
- The Feywild Dreamer set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Legendary Flamecleansed Fury set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Legendary Hruit's Influence set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Legendary Arcsteel Battlemage set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Legendary Arcsteel Battlemage set now properly gives +3 Intelligence as listed (was +4).
- The Legendary Feywild Dreamer set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Glowing Eyes cosmetics now show elven ears correctly.
- A new Monster Manual is available to purchase (FREE to VIPs!).
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Monsters will no longer cast persistent spells like Wall of Fire or crowd control spells like Soundburst in rapid succession.
- Removed some NPC's from Meridia that were not meant to be there.
- Fix a scaling issue with the monster stats in the following quests:
- Tower of Frost
- Memory Lapse
- Kind of a Big Deal
- Another Man's Treasure
- Zawabi now bestows and resolves Against the Demon Queen (the 6-player pre-raid) and Zawabi's Revenge (the 12-player raid) separately. You are now only required to complete Against the Demon Queen once per life in order to play Zawabi's Revenge; after that, Zawabi will allow you to choose which quest to speak to him about.
- Against the Demon Queen is no longer restricted by Raid Timer.
- Raid Timer Bypass Hourglasses now work properly on Zawabi's Revenge.
- Half Elves have had a cosmetic update. Half-elven characters will automatically see their looks updated when they log into the game for the first time after Update 50 is released.
- Half orc male run animations have been updated.
- The Alchemist spell Smoke Bomb's Invisibility no longer remains after you begin attacking.
Released on April 21, 2021
- New Adventure Pack Peril of the Planar Eyes
- Game improvements changes
- Doublestrike and Doubleshot will no longer apply a full subsequent "attack" as part of your attack chain. Instead, when a player Doublestrikes or Doubleshots the game will instead multiply the base amount of damage dealt (first number and sneak attack) by the amount of Doublestrikes or Doubleshots generated. This means that a player who deals an average of 100 damage on their first hit will now deal 200, or 300 damage, or however many Doublestrikes or Doubleshots multiplied by their base damage, when their Doublestrikes or Doubleshots go off.
- When a Doublestrike or Doubleshot happens, you'll see an icon of two swords next to your damage in the floaty text, similar to how Point Blank Shot provides its feedback.
- Abilities that apply additional ranged projectiles (Shuriken Expertise and Advanced Ninja Training) no longer apply multiple hits or projectiles. Instead, just as if they had been purely Doubleshot scalars, they will simply be additional chances to Doubleshot.
- Effects that trigger on-hit will also have their damage multiplied comparatively. This means that if you deal 10 Law damage on each hit, on a Doublestrike, it will deal 20.
- Repeating Crossbows and the Dual Crossbow style still fire 3 or 2 full projectiles (so you'll still see 3 numbers or 2 numbers, respectively) and are still affected by their Doubleshot penalties of 66% and 50%, respectively.
- A player's 100% effective Doublestrike cap still applies in this system.
- Offhand strikes will still be a separate "hit" and will roll their own damage from their own weapon and can still Doublestrike. However, we have removed the stat Offhand Doublestrike from the game. Your offhand now Doublestrikes at 50% of the Doublestrike of your mainhand. This means that if you have a 50% chance to produce an offhand strike, and 100% Doublestrike, your offhand will hit 50% of the time for 50% Doublestrike (so a 50% chance to deal double damage). Abilities and enhancements that used to provide Offhand Doublestrike no longer do so. Your offhand can only doublestrike a maximum of 50% of the time.
- Shields still cannot Doublestrike.
- Strikethrough attacks still proc their own Doublestrike roll individually per target struck.
- The main reasoning behind these changes (letting repeaters and offhand strikes still proc rather than fully condensing) is that we want to keep our damage numbers appropriate to the amount of animations that a player actually produces.
- Adrenaline's damage multiplier has been reduced from 300/300/300/400% to 150/150/150/200%
- Fury Eternal's 33% chance to regain an Adrenaline charge on vorpal has been increased to 100%
- Hunt's End damage multiplier has been reduced from 400% to 300%
- Hunt's End cooldown has been reduced from 24sec to 18sec
- Aasimar Scourge has lost its 2% Offhand Doublestrike per copy (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained an additional 1% Doublestrike per copy in its place (It now grants a total of 2% per copy, because it gave +1% before)
- Fury Eternal and Fury Made Placid's tooltips no longer claim that the two abilities are antirequisites of each other; they aren't.
- Tempest Capstone (Dervish) has lost its 25% Offhand Doublestrike (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained +10% Doublestrike.
- Bow changes
- Add an animation set to Bow combat that allows us to balance the Bow combat style without incredibly-high Base Attack Bonus values that break the speed cap.
- Buff bow builds in Heroic levels.
- Buff bow builds in Epic by retaining the existing maximum attack speed but adding more power.
- Remove the combat style's over-reliance on burst damage by eliminating Manyshot and adding most of that power back to bow stats in other places.
- Diversify the number of viable builds that can use Longbows and Shortbows.
- Don't significantly shift the role or strength of individual Enhancement Trees - Let the other features of the pass bring all of them up together.
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
Released on November 5, 2020
- Fables of the Feywild Expansion
- Significant changes have been made to the game's Augment system
- Panacea, Close Wounds, Heal, and Unyielding Sovereignty now clear Bleed effects.
- Text chat messages sent to General, Advice, Trade, Party, Guild, Guild officer, or player created chat rooms will now be displayed to you after they go to the chat server and back.
- This means that if you are not connected to the chat server, it won't look like you are chatting with your guild, for example, when you are only really chatting with yourself.
- The launcher now has a “Remember me for 8 hours” checkbox.
- This will allow the launcher to remember your login credentials for 8 hours or until you actively choose to logout.
Released on October 12, 2020
- New Legendary Raids
- Three of our classic raids have been given a Legendary update! A Vision of Destruction, The Lord of Blades, and The Master Artificer are now available to run at level 32! Additionally, these raids no longer require playing any prerequisite quests to flag for them on any difficulty, and the quest givers for these raids will now teleport you directly into the raid without needing to traverse a landscape.
- New Free Dungeon
- The Promise of Fire is a new standalone dungeon for levels 6 and 27! This quest is free to all players. Find the quest giver Lady Sera Jaymes in the Searing Heights Wilderness Adventure Area. The dungeon itself is also located in Searing Heights.
- Fables of the Feywild Pre-Purchase Has Begun!
- Our next expansion Fables of the Feywild will be available to prepurchase on Monday. Find details about our new race, the Shifter, along with the new Iconic Razorclaw Shifter and Universal Enhancement Tree Feydark Illusionist in the release notes.
- Several bug fixes
- Focused Blast Range has been increased by 20%.
- Mounts found via Daily Dice are now Bound to Account.
- The Mystery Basket, gained from the DDO Store or Daily Dice, now has a new Tressym in it.
- Fury of the Wild: Sense Weakness no longer provides untyped damage on hit, and instead now provides a flat +1 Damage per rank, for a total of +3 Damage.
- Shifter Past Lives are now required to obtain Racial Completionist.
- Heroic Alchemical Crafting no longer requires raid-specific crafting ingredients.
- If you have any extra raid-tier alchemical crafting ingredients, you may turn them in for Sharn/Nearly Finished crafting ingredients at a Cannith Melting Station.
- The following potions can now be used while raging:
- Lesser Restoration
- Remove Blindness
- Remove Curse
- Remove Disease
Released on April 23, 2020
- New Adventure Pack The Lost Gatekeepers
- The majority of Gatekeeper NPC's have moved to the The Gatekeepers' Grove which can be reached via the Stormreach Harbor.
- Zarnoth the Vigilant Gatekeeper Favor NPC
- Varron Tertius the Schism Shard Collector
- The questgivers (and quest entrances) for all of the following quests:
- Teleport NPC's to the following locations:
- Several bug fixes and typos fixed
- An otherworldly hut has appeared in the Stormreach Harbor.
- There is now a moving platform elevator from the docks in the Stormreach Harbor up the cliffside.
- All Epic XP rewards for Catacombs quests have been increased.
- Epic XP for The Mystery of Delera's Tomb and Free Delera have been Increased.
Released on February 12, 2020
- Two Adventure Packs have had an epic treatment:
- New Class: The Alchemist
- Anniversary event is back
- New 64-bit Client (Beta)
- Changes to Stealth Play
- Melee changes
- Better ways to quickly close the gap to an enemy
- Strikethrough replaces glancing blows
- Allows you to potentially hit more than one enemy with the full strength of the weapon
- Changes throughout the game where glancing blows was updated, it is now Strikethrough
- Non-Quarterstaff Two-Handed Animations have been update
- Changes to the two-handed feat line
- Feat Changes
- New: Simple Thrown Weapon Expertise
- New: Multitude of Missiles
- New: Accelerate Spell Metamagic
- Diety feat lines have been modified
- Cargo hold stat buff and resistance amenities can no longer be bought
- Existing ones you have still work
- Many other changes and bug fixes
Released on November 12, 2019
- A new adventure pack Keep on the Borderlands
- 8 New Quests
- Level 1/2 on Heroic and 20/21 on Epic
- UI Changes:
- In the Looking For Group Menu: The Open Group listing for classes now properly includes Warlocks and will no longer include Epic levels as per its class designation.
- There is a new "+" side-tab off of the "Stats" tab of the Character Sheet Menu, that contains many new statistics
- The quest panel in the Adventure Compendium now displays Heroic quest level and Epic quest level in separate columns, and allows sorting by Epic quest level.
Released on September 10, 2019
- A new adventure pack The Soul Splitter
- 6 New Quests
- Level 17 on Heroic and 32 on Legendary
- Miscellaneous Bug fixes
Discover the mysteries of Sharn! Explore one of the most iconic locations in the Dungeons & Dragons Eberron campaign setting, navigate the power struggles between the rich and powerful as you hunt from the highest towers of the city to the deepest depths of the Cogs.
Players can begin their journey to Sharn through a transport NPC in The Harbor of Stormreach or by using the Boarding Pass available in the Ultimate Edition of the Masterminds of Sharn expansion. Includes nine Story Dungeons, eight Explorer Dungeons, one Explorer Area, and two raids (NOTE: Only one raid is releasing with Update 42. The second raid will be released later this year.)
Released on May 14, 2019Update Loot
Released on December 5, 2018
- New Quest Lost at Sea
- Improved Bard Songs
- Eldritch Knight update
- All level 28 and 29 raid loot stats have been increased in some places to match appropriate values, and some loot has had the minimum level decreased.
- New spells for Sorcerer and Wizard, and changes to pre-existing ones.
- Some bug fixes.
Released on October 3, 2018
- New raid that is part of Dragonblood Prophecy
- New Wood Elf subrace
- Updates to Night Revels
- New private instances for Delera's Graveyard
- Two new challenges
- New cosmetic items
- Visible cloaks
- Including the ability to glamer cloaks
- Only Named Cloaks, and randomly generated cloaks created after U40 will have visible versions
- Heroic loot update to Sentinels of Stormreach
- Bug Fixes
Released on April 11, 2018
- New adventure pack Disciples of Rage
- Artificer changes
- New enhancement tree Renegade Mastermaker
- Changes to the Artificer feats
- Changes to Curative Admixtures
- Druid changes
- Other enhancement tree updates