Alignment: Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral
Hit Dice: d8
Creation: (4 + Intelligence Modifier) x 4
Leveling: 4 + Intelligence Modifier
Simple Weapons (Club, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, Sickle, Unarmed)
Martial Weapons (Scimitar)
Light Armor (Non-metal)
Medium Armor (Non-metal)
Shields (Non-metal shields except tower shields)
Powerful spell casters and shapechangers, Blight Casters have a large variety of offensive magic in which they pierce, poison and burn their foes with acid and thorns. They retain limited healing abilities.
Blight Casters draw upon the cycle of death and and decay in the world to power their primal magic. They give up the druid's access to fire spells and reduce their ability to heal in exchange for access to acid and necrotic spells. Blight Casters can shapeshift like druids, but have their own unique forms of Thorn Kin, Hive Keeper and Plague WOlf.
Unlike wizards and sorcerers, druids have access to healing spells, but cannot heal as much as clerics and favored souls.
At taverns or rest shrines, druids can switch spells to better address the challenges of their current quest.
Blight Casters do not have an animal companion.
|Past Life: Blight Caster||You were a Blight Caster in a past life. Each time you acquire this feat you gain:
- See Also: Blight Caster Spells
- A Blight Caster casts arcane and divine spells.
- To learn and cast a spell, a Blight Caster must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + spell level.
- The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Blight Caster spell is 10 + spell level + Druid's Wisdom modifier.
- Some spells can only be cast if the Druid is in a Wild Shape.
- Druids do not need to learn their spells, they are born with the ability to cast them and therefore only need to choose which ones they are going to use.
All druids take an oath that prohibits them from wearing metal armor, using metal shields or orbs, and using rune arms. Doing so suppresses your druidic abilities. Warforged druids are forbidden from taking armor feats other than Composite Plating.
If desired, they can wear armor anyway (though they’ll be clumsy in it), or they can gain training in the proper use of armor via enhancements.
If they choose to still wear restricted armor, they cannot:
- Cast spells
- Cast SLAs
- Use wildshape
Armor restricts the complicated gestures that a druid must make while casting any spell that has a somatic component (most do). The armor and shield descriptions list the arcane spell failure chance for different armors and shields.
|Blight Caster||Spell Information|
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Reflex Save||Will Save||Autogranted||Spell Points||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th||9th|
|1||+0/+0||+2||+0||+2||Disease Immunity, Druidic Oath, Magical Training||130||2||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|2||+1/+1/+6||+3||+0||+3||Wild Shape (Plague Wolf), Biting Acid Imbue or Biting Poison Imbue||155||3||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|4||+3/+3/+8||+4||+1||+4||Choose Wild Shape (Hive Keeper) or Wild Shape (Thorn Kin), Thorn Imbue, Veil the Elements||205||4||3||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|8||+6/+6/+11/+16||+6||+2||+6||Choose Wild Shape (Hive Keeper) or Wild Shape (Thorn Kin)||335||5||5||5||4||-||-||-||-||-|
|11||+8/+8/+13/+18||+7||+3||+7||Wild Shape (Blighted Wolf), Biting Acid Imbue or Biting Poison Imbue||485||5||5||5||4||3||2||-||-||-|
|13||+9/+9/+14/+19||+8||+4||+8||Choose Wild Shape (Hive Master) or Wild Shape (Thorn Knight)||610||5||5||5||5||4||3||2||-||-|
|17||+12/+12/+17/+22||+10||+5||+10||Choose Wild Shape (Hive Master) or Wild Shape (Thorn Knight)||920||5||5||5||5||5||5||4||3||2|
- Disease Immunity: You are immune to ability score damage from natural diseases. (This has no effect on magical or supernatural diseases.)
- Druidic Oath: Blight Casters are prohibited from wearing metal armour, using metal shields, and using rune arms. Doing so suppresses your Druidic abilities. Warforged Blight Casters are forbidden from taking armour feats other than Composite Plating.
- Magical Training: Magical training gives the user additional benefits for spell casting.
- Wilderness Lore: Represents your knowledge of the wilderness. This feat is received once for every blight caster level.
- Wild Shape (Plague Wolf): Blight Casters gain Plague Wolf.
- Biting Acid Imbue or Biting Poison Imbue: Blight Casters must select an imbue to use while in wild shape. They can select the other at level 11.
- Choose Wild Shape (Hive Keeper) or Wild Shape (Thorn Kin): Blight Casters can now select between two new shapes: Hive Keeper or Thorn Kin. The other shape will be granted at level 8.
- Thorn Imbue: Gain an imbue that adds additional Piercing damage.
- Veil the Elements: Blight Casters can suppress the visual look of the elemental shape they are current in.
- Venom Immunity: You are immune to ability score damage from natural poisons. (This has no effect on magical or supernatural poisons.)
- Choose Wild Shape (Hive Keeper) or Wild Shape (Thorn Kin): Blight Casters now are granted the shape they did not pick at level 8.
- Wild Shape (Blighted Wolf): Blight Casters gain Blighted Wolf.
- Biting Acid Imbue or Biting Poison Imbue: Blight Casters now are granted the imbue they did not pick at level 2.
- Choose Wild Shape (Hive Master) or Wild Shape (Thorn Knight): Blight Casters now are granted their choice of either a Hive Master shape or a Thorn Knight shape. The other will be granted at level 17.
- Timeless Body: Your soul is balanced. No corrupt influences can possess your body after death - you are immune to the spawn effect of most undead.
- Choose Wild Shape (Hive Master) or Wild Shape (Thorn Knight): Blight Casters now are granted the wild shape they didn't pick at level 13.