Released on January 25th, 2023
Of Special Note:
The Snowpeaks Festival arrives!
The Snowpeaks Festival arrives with Update 57.2 and is available through February 12th! Read our guide to the Snowpeaks Festival on DDO.com. This year's event features a new Filigree set called "Snowpeak's Gifts"!
News and Notes
- Corrected an issue where Monsters using Greater Shout could automatically stun players. The description of Greater Shout now clarifies that the spell rolls stun and damage saves independently.
- It is no longer possible for the "Eye of Vecna" curse from the Skeletons in the Closet raid to follow players outside of the raid.
- The "Stormrage" ability no longer harms party members.
Released on December 7th, 2022
Of Special Note:
The Jester of Festivult arrives on December 8th!
The Jester of Festivult arrives December 8th! Players can trade special coins found in chests throughout the game world in exchange for fun cookies and other rewards! Read more in our guide on DDO.com. Coins will continue to appear in-game through January 9th, 2023 and the Jester will stick around through January 16th, 2023.
The 7th Season of the Hardcore League begins!
Read more about the Hardcore League's seventh season on DDO.com. Begins on December 7th, 2022 and runs until 2:00pm Eastern (-5 GMT) on Tuesday, February 7th, 2023! The Hardcore server is open to all players.
News and Notes:
- A previous change to the cooldown of skills that was released in Update 57 has now been reverted. Skills should now trigger as they did prior to the release of Update 57.
- The Class Level Hit Point bonus granted by Heroic Durability and various combat styles is no longer improperly flagged as an Insight bonus, and should now stack with everything.
- Corrected an issue that could cause a player's Creature Companion stable to not appear correctly. Any players who experienced missing stables recently should now have their proper stables returned.
- Hardcore Season Mounts will no longer display a specific number on their decorative elements. This had been inconsistent season to season, and we will now standardize this as the intent with Mounts going forward.
- Wish for Memories potions now function properly for half elves and humans.
- Enhancements that add ability modifier options to your weapons, such as Sacred Fist's "Divine Dream" or Falconry's "Killer Instinct", no longer erroneously overwrite each other.
- Humans from the Grip of the Hidden Hand adventure pack now properly count as Humans in the Monster Manual instead of Sahaugin.
- Some missing Harpies have now been added to the Monster Manual.
- Missing creatures from the quests "Killing Time", "Under the Cover of Darkness", and "Eye Know Who Dunnit" have now been added to their appropriate Monster Manuals.
- Corrected a data error in the Monster Manual for Skeletal Sharpshooter.
- Embodiment of Law and Harbinger of Chaos' Imbue Dice no longer drop on death.
- Hunter's Mark no longer puts stances on cooldown.
- Second Wind now properly works even if you have Deathward.
- The ability restoration benefit of Panacea now works on undead.
- Wrathful Weapons now has its proper tooltip.
- The Core 1 toggle for Tiefling and Tiefling Scoundrel now works correctly.
- Warsoul's Fires of Fury now properly toggles on.
Quests and Adventure Areas:
- Order in the Court! - A named loot chest now appears after completing all three Trial optional objectives as originally intended. This chest had been erroneously appearing after finding all nine clues. Finding all nine clues now awards an additional optional chest.
- Growing Pains - Pumpkin breakables are no longer stuck slightly under the ground, preventing them from being broken.
- Army of Eternal Night - A lever has been added to help players and prevent the quest from being unable to be completed in certain situations outside of a trapped corridor.
- Army of Eternal Night - Skeletons will now properly drop collectibles instead of empty bags.
- Undead throughout the Grip of the Hidden Hand adventure pack now properly take damage from positive energy.
- The magic of Festivult has again changed the effects of some cookies and cakes!
- Hardcore Season mounts will no longer display a specific number on their decorative elements moving forward. Existing Hardcore season mounts currently retain their numbers if they have them. The Hardcore 7 mount is the exact same mount as in Season 2. Players who earned the Hardcore Season 2 mount do not benefit from acquiring the Season 7 mount.
Released on November 8, 2022
Of Special Note:
New Quest Pack: Grip of the Hidden Hand
The story of the Planar Eyes continues in a new quest pack - FREE to VIPs! Finish collecting the Planar Eyes for Morgrave University for a wealthy benefactor before the Cult of the Hidden Hand meddles in your plans. This new adventure pack offers five new quests for levels 16 in Heroic and 33 in Legendary! Visit the Lower Quad of Morgrave University, which can be accessed via the Sharn Clifftop Tower District, to get started!
News and Notes:
- An Imbue is a new type of toggle in DDO that adds extra damage to your attacks. This extra damage can be specific to certain weapon types, certain combat styles, or it can also be focused on melee or ranged.
- Imbues scale their damage with bonus Imbue Dice, although Imbues can also scale with things like Melee or Ranged Power.
- You can only have one Imbue active at a time. Turning on a new Imbue will turn the existing Imbue off.
- Many former procs from existing abilities in class enhancement trees have been changed to Imbues. Benefits that previously boosted proc damage now generally boost Imbue dice.
- (Vile Chemist Core 2) - 1d8 Poison Damage, poison spell power
- (Vile Chemist Core 2) +1 Dice per 3 Alchemist Levels - max 6 dice
- (Vile Chemist Core 4) +1 Dice (replaces dice change)
- (Vile Chemist Core 5) +1 Dice (replaces dice change)
- (Vile Chemist Core 6) +2 Dice (replaces dice change)
- (Battle Engineer Tier 3) 1d6 Electric damage, electric spellpower (fills in missing t3)
- (Battle Engineer - Agility Engine t4) +1/2/3 Dice with a runearm equipped
- (Battle Engineer - Unlock Potential t5) +1 Dice with a runearm equipped
- The spell Elemental Weapons now grants +1 alchemical bonus to Imbue Dice (note this is still exclusive with other weapon enchantment spells)
- The spell Greater Elemental Weapons now grants +2 alchemical bonus to Imbue Dice (note this is still exclusive with other weapon enchantment spells)
- (Frenzied Berserker Core 2) 1d8 Bane Damage - Melee Power scaling only
- (Frenzied Core 4) +3 dice while Death Frenzy is active
- (Warchanter Tier 3) 1d6 Cold Damage on hit, cold spellpower
- (Swashbuckler Tier 3) 1d6 Sonic Damage on hit, scaling wit Sonic Spellpower (note: this was the sonic on-crit thing)
- (Warchanter) Each core beyond the first grants +1 Dice
- (Swashbuckler Tier 4) Music Box now grants +1 Imbue dice
- (Dark Apostate Tier 1) 1d6 Evil damage, evil spellpower
- (Warpriest Tier 4) 1d6 Fire damage, fire spellpower - replaces t4 active attack
- (Warpriest) Core 2, 4, 5 grant +1 Dice
- (Warpriest T5) Wrathful Weapons now grants +3 dice instead of its separate proc, and turns your Fire Imbue to Light for the duration
- (Dark Apostate) Tiers 2, 3, 4 grant +1 Dice
- (Dark Apostate) Tier 5 grants +2 Dice
- (Dark Apostate) Core 3, 5, 6 grant +1 Dice
- (Automatically granted when you choose Fire or Water Elemental Form) 1d6 Fire or Cold, elemental form locked, spellpower scaling
- Elemental Forms now grant a flat +3 Dice
- Favored Soul:
- (Warsoul Tier 4) 1d6 Fire damage, fire spellpower - replaces t4 active attack
- (Warsoul) Cores 2, 4, 5 grant +1 Dice
- (Warsoul T5) Wrathful Weapons now grants +3 dice instead of its separate proc, and turns your Fire Imbue to Light for the duration
- (Ninja Spy Tier 3) 1d6 Poison Damage, melee or ranged power, also continues to do its regular Ninja Poison on-crit stuff
- (Henshin Mystic Tier 3) 1d6 Fire, plus an additional 1d6 Force on crit, melee or ranged power
- (Henshin Mystic) Each core grants +1 Dice
- (Knight of the Chalice Core 1) 1d6 Light Damage on hit, scaling with Melee or Ranged Power
- (Sacred Fist Core 1) 1d6 Fire or Light damage, melee power
- (Sacred Fist) Each core beyond the first grants +1 Dice
- (Sacred Fist) Tier 3, 4 grant +1 Dice each
- (Knight of the Chalice) Each core beyond the first grants +1 Dice
- (Ranger - Tempest) 1d8 Electric, melee or ranged power
- (Ranger - Arcane Archer) 1d8 Fire/Cold/Acid/Electric, appropriate Spell Power
- (Ranger - Arcane Archer) 1d8 Force, force spellpower
- (Arcane Archer) Tiers 2, 3, 4, and 5 grant +2 Dice each
- Note: All other primary Arcane Archer Imbues are also now Imbues in this system.
- (Assassin Tier 1) 1d8 Poison, melee or ranged power (note this swapped places with Toxin Affinity which is now tier 2)
- (Assassin - Toxin Affinity) moves to t2 (swaps with Imbue), +1/2/3 dice
- (Eldritch Knight Core 2) 1d8 Fire/Cold/Acid/Electric, appropriate Spell Power (they get all 4 elements)
- (EK Core 2) +1 Dice per 3 Sorcerer levels, max 6
- (EK Core 4) +1 Dice (replaces dice step change)
- (EK Core 5) +1 Dice (replaces dice step change)
- (EK Core 6) +2 Dice (replaces dice step change) + the proc for +4 temporary dice
- (Enlightened Spirit Tier 4) 1d6 Light, Light spell power (ALSO APPLIES TO ELDRITCH BLASTS, no other toggle does this)
- (Enlightened Spirit Core 5) +3 bonus dice while in Celestial Spirit form
- (Drow - Racial Tree) 1d8 Poison, melee or ranged power (same as Assassin)
- (Drow - Racial Tree) +1 dice in tier 3, 4 (new enhancements, fills in missing space
- (Shadar-kai Racial Tree) 1d12 Cold on sneak attacks, melee or ranged power
- (Half-Elf - Warlock Dilettante feat) 1d4 Fire damage, fire spellpower, also works on spells!
- (Tiefling - Racial Tree) 1d4 Fire Damage on hit, scaling with Fire Spell Power vs enemies below 75%, upgrades to 1d6 below 50% and again to 1d8 below 25%
- (Tiefling Scoundrel - Racial Tree) 1d4 Sonic Damage on hit, scaling with Sonic Spell Power vs enemies below 75%, upgrades to 1d6 below 50% and again to 1d8 below 25%
- (Inquisitive) 1d8 Law Damage on hit vs chaotic, 1d4 against non-chaotic, Melee or Ranged Power. Tier 5 ugprades can make this 1d8 vs everyone. This scales with 200% ranged power. Known issue: The tooltip for the t5s says 1d6!
- (Inquisitive) Core 4, 5, 6 grant +1 dice each
- (Inquisitive) Tier 2, 4 grant +1 dice each
- (Inquisitive) Tier 5 multiselector grants +1 dice each except for 1 grants +2
- (Embodiment of Law - Destiny Feat) is now: +3 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating. If you are lawful you also gain +2 Imbue dice.
- (Embodiment of Chaos - Destiny Feat) is now: +2% Doublestrike and Doubleshot. If you are Chaotic, you also gain +2 Imbue dice.
- (Enhanced Elemental Dice - Destiny Feat) +1 Dice
- (Scion of the Feywild - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of the Plane of Earth - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of the Plane of Fire - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of the Plane of Water - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of the Plane of Air - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of Arborea) +1 Dice
- (Offhand Versatility) - Orb/Runearm gains +1 Imbue dice
- Shiradi Champion mantle gains 1d77 per 7 bonus dice - this is not an Imbue toggle BUT gains benefits from your Imbue dice!
- Draconic Tier 3 now grants +1/2/3 Dice
- Crusade! buff in Divine Crusader now grants +1 dice
- Ghost Touch in LD is now "Esoteric Touch" and grants both Ghost Touch and +1 Imbue Dice
- Shared Mantle in PA now also grants +3 Imbue Dice while within the PA Mantle
- Filigree Set Bonuses that used to give a scaling Imbue on-hit now give bonus Dice, with some granting +1 and some granting +2 depending on if they also granted things beyond the on-hit damage
- Augments from Hunt or Be Hunted Raid now give +1 Enhancement bonus to bonus Dice
- Certain Set Bonuses get +1 Dice in heroics, +2 in epics, +3 in legendary (artifact typed):
- Profane Experiment
- Echoes of the Waking Ancestors
- Crypt Raider
- Pain Touch 1 and 2 from Ravager have had their small on-hit proc replaced with +5 Melee Power.
- Death Frenzy now grants +6 Strength since regular Frenzy is losing its Strength bonus.
- Divine Crusader's Law of the Divine still deals 1d6 Law damage on hit per epic/legendary level, but its Vulnerability and Armor Piercing benefits have moved over into Bring Down Wrath so that the enhancement is more usable for people not using shields, and also so you can get the debuffs without needing the Feat slot. Note that the Embodiment of Chaos upgrade in Fury is unchanged by this pass.
- Rather than the upgrade for Tempest's Lightning Stance increasing base damage, the base toggle now is the Imbue and the upgrade grants the full +30% absorption.
- Iced Edges is now 1 rank and is no longer a prerequisite of the rest of the ice line.
Changes have been made to hit points in classes and enhancement trees with Update 57 to better support newer players and melee character builds in heroic level game play. This includes changes to Class hit dice, updating how heroic durability functions, and much more.
- Epic Defensive Fighting is being replaced by a series of options. The bulk of the Hit Points granted with Epic Defensive Fighting are now distributed in Combat Style Feats and Enhancement Trees, with some changes to Class Hit Dice.
- Replacement Competence bonuses have been spread around enhancement trees, mostly in Tier 5 of melee-focused trees.
- Heroic Durability has been updated to provide +30 Hit Points. In addition, for every melee combat style feat you take (up to four), you gain a 25% bonus to the Hit Points gained from your class levels. Epic and Legendary levels count at half value. This bonus can only stack up to 100%.
- All classes with a Hit Die of d4 have had their Hit Dice increased to d6.
- Bard, Artificer, and Rogues now have a Hit Die of d8.
- Ranger has been increased to d10.
- Tier 5 Chemical Weapon now gets a multiselector called Chemical Body, which grants a 15% Competence bonus to Hit Points along with 10 Melee Power.
- Tier 5 Battle Engineer's Reconstructed Arms and Edges now grant a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to their previous bonuses.
- Tier 5 Regenade Mastermaker's MasterMakernow grants a +20% Competence bonus to maximum Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Tier 5 Ravager's Uncanny Balance now gains a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Frenzied Berserker's Healing or Hurt now grants a +25% Competence bonus to hit points in addition to its original bonuses.
- New Tier 4 - Occult Slayer: Rune Carved Armor - You gain a +25% Competence bonus to maximum Hit Points and +2 to all Saving Throws versus Magic while wearing medium or heavy armor. Costs 2 Action Points.
- Tier 5 Swashbuckler's Second Skin has been updated and has had its Action Point cost reduced to 1. Second Skin now provides +1/2/3 Reflex Saves, +2/4/6 Maximum Dexterity Bonus to Armor Class. Rank 3 grants a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points.
- Tier 4 On the Mark has had its Action Point cost reduced to 1 per rank.
- Tier 5 Warchanter's Howl of the North now also grants a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Warpriest's Divine Bastion now grants a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Class Feat - Cleric Animal Domain's Hit Point bonus has been reduced to 4 Hit Points per level.
- Core 4 - Nature's Warrior - Howl of Winter now grants a passive 5% Primal bonus to maximum Hit Points in addition to its previous effects.
- Tiers 3/4/5 - Nature's Protector - Ursa line's restriction has been updated to be usable by druids in bear form either using shield or wearing medium or heavy armor.
- Favored Soul
- Class Feat - Stout of Heart has had its Hit Point grant reduced to 4 Hit Points per level.
- Divine Champion no longer increases Threat. Divine Champion also now grants a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its other benefits.
- Tier 5 Kensai - Weapon Master now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points if a melee weapon focus was selected in Core 1 in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Stalwart Defender's Thick of Battle has been replaced with a flat passive 100% Threat bonus and now grants 60 Hit Points.
- Tier 5 Against the Odds now grants 60 Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Core 4 Stalwart Defender's Stand Fast now grants a +10% Quality bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Tier 5 Block and Cut has been updated to perform a melee attack with your main hand weapon, 2/4/6[W] on Damage. Gain a +10/15/25% Morale bonus to Doublestrike and a +10/15/25 bonus to Armor Class for 5 seconds. Cooldown 10 seconds.
- Tier 3 Stalwart Defender's Defensive Stance has been increased to a +25% Competence bonus at rank 3.
- Tier 5 Vanguard's Brutal Impact now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- New Fighter Perk: Second Wind - Auto granted for fighter level 2. Active this ability to regain 50% of your maximum Hit Points. 15 second cooldown. You can used this once per rest, with an additional charges gained at Fighter levels 4, 8, 12, 16, 20. This can be used while Crowd Controlled. At level 8 Second Wind removes negative effects like the Panacea spell. (Note: This heal will apply as a inflict if your undead or repair if you are a construct)
- New Tier 5 for Henshin Mystic and Ninja Spy: Self Defense - Grants +5 Magical Resistance Rating, MRR Cap and a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points.
- Tier 5 Shintao's Empty Hand Mastery now gets a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Tier 5 Tempest's Dual Perfection now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Assassin's Light Armor Mastery Rank 3 now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Acrobat's Staff Specialist now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Knight of the Chalice's Vigor of Life now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points.
- Tier 5 Vanguard's Brutal Impact now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Sacred Fist's Divine Strike has been renamed to Divine Striker, and now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Tier 3 Tenacious Defense upped to 25%, like Fighter.
- Several changes were made here due to the "shorten" spell range play style going away. Reminder: Any bonus marked "Passive" works if you own the enhancement.
- Knight's Transformation has been updated. While this toggle is active your Base Attack Bonus is increased to equal your character level. When you successfully hit with an Eldritch Strike you gain Knight's Strike: +30 Universal Spell Power and +3% Critical Spell Damage for 30 seconds.
- Improved Knight's Transformation has been updated. While Knight's transformation is active you gain a +1 Competence bonus to your weapon's critical multiplier. When your Eldritch Strike hits you gain the additional bonuses to your Knight's Strike of +3 To Hit, Damage and 3% Doublestrike. Passive Bonus: Gain a +15% Competence bonus to maximum Hit Points, whether the toggle is active or not.
- Knight's Striker: Knight's Strike gains +2 Evocation and Conjuration DCs and +20 Melee Power. Passive: You gain mobile spell casting.
- Knight's Controller: Knight's Strike gains +2 Enchantment DCs, +2 Illusion DCS, +4 Spell Penetration and +20 Melee Power. Passive: You gain mobile spell casting.
- Tier 5's Dangerous has been updated and now has a multisector called Swift. Dangerous now provides +10 Melee Power and a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points. Swift: +3 Reflex Saving Throws or 10 Ranged Power.
- Vistani Knife Fighter
- A new enhancement has been added called Grudge Bearer, which is a multiselector off of Whirling Blades that grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points. Costs 2 Action Points.
- Improved Natural Fighting: Wolf form's Competence bonus has been increased from 15% to 20%.
Other Gameplay Changes
- Falconry's mechanics have been revised slightly for playability:
- Falcon Pet will now automatically soar up when any combat starts and return when combat is over. It will no longer go up and return after each strike but will stay aloft ready to strike as the combat continues.
- The shared cooldown on all Falconry attacks has been reduced from 3.5 seconds to 1.3 seconds.
- Falcon attack effects will now occur more quickly after each button press.
- Falconry Melee/Ranged attack animations will now be affected by speed increases such as haste.
- The level 1 Bolt spells no longer share a cooldown.
- Wading through shallow water is now a bit faster when moving forward (about the speed it would be if you jump skipped.)
- The spell Longstrider now makes you ignore the effects of shallow water.
- Scorpions no longer burrow unless they are bosses or mini bosses and will only due so to close the distance.
- Phase spiders will no longer phase as much when going toe to toe in melee.
- Monsters will now cast Tactical Detonation on a longer cooldown.
- Fixed an issue that was causing player abilities to sometimes break when the player was rapidly hitting other actions or even the action itself (if it was just coming off cooldown.)
- Barbarian Fatigue no longer applies erroneously with Tireless Rage.
- Grandmaster of Flowers Core 4 now provides its proper Hit Point and Spell Resistance bonuses.
- Razorclaw Shifter can now use Whirlwind Attack with a better animation.
- Dark Apostate's Enhanced Curse 3 now applies more reliably.
- Condemnation and Acceptance in Divine Disciple now correctly grants Spell Critical Damage instead of Spell Power.
- Divine Disciple core 5 now properly boosts alignment spells.
- Numerous spells have now properly been marked as Alignment and Divine Spells.
- Negative Energy Adept in Pale Master no longer requires Wizard level 4.
- A variety of abilities that use the Whirlwind Attack animation now properly scale with your attack speed (Exalted Whirlwind, Avenging Whirlwind, Arcane Tempest.)
- Purge the Wicked in Divine Crusader now correctly doubles your critical confirmation bonus and critical damage.
- Ride the Lightning in Stormsinger now gives its intended bonus.
- The Night Revels Spectral Dragon dungeon skulls now hit for their correct damage.
- Be the Whirlwind from Fury of the Wild now works with the Whirlwind feat correctly again.
- Several Stances such as Power Attack and Combat Expertise no longer put all spells on cooldown.
- The Path of Light feat is now properly awarded to Bladeforged (although the Lord of Blades will be very sad if you choose to forsake him.)
- Force in Tandem from Feydark Illusionist now correctly lasts through death.
- Primal Avatar's Spells are now appropriately leveled and therefore some of them work vs liches.
- Certain XP elixirs now function more reliably and no longer have a minimum level of 20 erroneously.
- Razorclaw Shifters using Smite Evil will use better animations.
- Players will no longer see "an invalid item has been removed from your inventory" when receiving an auto-consume item like Astral Shards.
- Items can now be organized within the tabs of the Reincarnation Bank.
- Items can now be moved from the Reincarnation Bank to the Personal and Shared bank. If you attempt to move a Bound to Character item to the Shared bank, it will fail and the item will be placed at the top of the Main tab of the Reincarnation Bank.
- A variety of typos and text errors have been corrected.
- Spell components now have a type and number tag at the front of their name to help them sort in the DDO Store, player inventories, and elsewhere more easily.
- Feats with skill requirements now display those requirements better in their tooltips.
- Players will no longer be given a confirm dialog when looting an item that is bind on acquire when in a party with only Hirelings.
- The Bank system's tab rename button has been updated and is now a button labeled "Rename".
- When closing a Bank panel other than the Shared Bank, remaining panels will remain active. When the Shared Bank is closed all other bank windows are closed. If the player does not have the Shared Bank enabled, the shared bank can be closed, but any other bank panel being closed, will close the rest.
Released on August 31, 2022
Of Special Note:
- The Temple of Elemental Evil has been updated!
- Archetypes have arrived!
- Archetypes are a new way to play a class! We're debuting with three Archetypes FREE TO EVERYONE:
- Dark Apostate (Cleric): A Negative energy, dark magic using, Undead-shrouded necromancer!
- Sacred Fist (Paladin): A Handwraps-using Paladin that combines Ki with Holy energies!
- Stormsinger (Bard): An archetype focusing on Sonic, Cold, and Electric storm-based spellcasting!
- When you select a class during character creation, a side window will appear that will contain the Base Class along with any of its associated Archetypes.
- Bank and Reincarnation Cache User Interface Update!
- We've updated the User Interface for the Character Bank, Shared Account Bank, and the Reincarnation Cache! Everyone will have the same amount of space they had prior to the update, but functionality has been greatly improved, including the ability to create tabs with editable names!
News and Notes:
Temple of Elemental Evil
- Temple of Elemental Evil Part One has been turned into two separate quests, with the first containing the Upper Temple and the Earth Temple and the second containing the Lower Temple.
- Temple of Elemental Evil Part Two has been turned into five separate quests, with each Elemental Node becoming its own quest and the fifth quest leading into and including the fight against Zuggtymoy.
- Additionally, several quests have had objectives added to make their game play flow more clearly.
- The Zuggtmoy and Falrinth encounters have had their difficulty adjusted.
- The rewards for Temple of Elemental Evil have been adjusted:
- NOTE: Existing Temple of Elemental Evil loot is NOT changing, and everything you have will remain unchanged, including its minimum level.
- New items now appear in Temple of Elemental Evil at Minimum Level 8 in Heroic difficulty and Minimum Level 31 in Legendary difficulty. These items will appear in End Chests in ToEE quests.
- There are now four Set Bonuses, one for each of the four elements in the Temple.
- Some new Augments can be found in random encounter chests, in both Heroic and Legendary difficulty.
- Some new wands can be found in random encounter chests as well.
- Old Temple of Elemental Evil named items will now be located in various tougher optional objectives in the new quests. These items remain unchanged.
- The old Temple of Elemental Evil item crafting system has been removed, although existing Ingredients will continue to exist. Existing base and crated weapons and armor will continue to exist, but will no longer drop. The old crafting station remains in its prior location.
- Archetypes are new ways to play existing classes, and three Archetypes are now available. Here are specific details pertaining to archetypes:
- If an ability requires you to be a specific class, any Archetype of that class will also qualify. For example, Dark Apostate (Cleric) will qualify for any ability that requires you to be a Cleric.
- Archetypes can have different enhancement trees from their base class.
- Archetypes can have different class Feats.
- Archetypes can have different class spell books.
- Archetypes can also have their own alignment restrictions.
- Characters can multiclass into an Archetype just as they would a regular class, but a character cannot multiclass an Archetype with its base class or another Archetype of the same class. So a Cleric Archetype could multiclass into Fighter or a Fighter Archetype, but a Cleric Archetype could not multiclass into a different Cleric Archetype or base Cleric class.
- Archetypes have their own Past Lives that fit into the current Heroic Past Life system. If your majority class is in an Archetype, you will earn that Archetype's Past Life.
- An Archetype's Past Life counts as a Prerequisite for the Heroic Active Past Life Feats, and an Archetype's Past Life Feat qualifies someone for Heroic Completionist if they have not earned it already. If you have one copy of all Heroic class Past Lives done on a character except for Cleric, for example, you'd be able to qualify for the Cleric portion with either base Cleric or with Dark Apostate. This means that as we release new Archetypees, Heroic Completionist won't be removed from players that have already earned it, and new options will open up for players still on that journey. Finally, with this release, Heroic Completionist will become automatically granted to characters that qualify.
- When you select a class during character creation, a side window will appear that will contain the base class (again) and its Archetypes.
- When multiclassing into a Archetype, you'll talk to that class' trainer, and you'll be asked if you would like to multiclass into the base class or any available Archetypes. If no Archetypes are available, or if you are ineligible for them because you are already that Archetype or that Base class, then you'll skip to the leveling up section you are already familiar with.
- When selecting another player or viewing your own character sheet, Archetypes will be displayed in the class breakdown. Example: Dark Apostate 18, Monk 2.
- You may swap into a Archetype during a Lesser Reincarnation. You won't need a +X Heart to swap levels during that Lesser Reincarnation; swapping into a Archetype during a Lesser Reincarnation does not count towards class swap totals and does not require class swaps to perform.
- Dark Apostate (Cleric) - Changes from Base Class:
- Instead of automatically preparing Cure Wounds spells, Dark Apostates automatically prepare the Inflict Wounds spells.
- Past Life: Dark Apostate: +5 Negative Healing Amplification and +5 Negative Spell Power (stacks 3 times).
- New Tree: Dark Apostate, Replaces Radiant Servant
- Sacred Fist (Paladin) - Changes from Base Class:
- Armor Class Bonus: (1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 20) - This version scales off of Charisma instead of Wisdom. If you are part-monk this will use the highest of Charisma or Wisdom.
- Flurry of Blows (1)
- Unarmed Strike (1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20)
- Evasion (2) (Note: they do not get Improved Evasion except as a Tier 5 enhancement in the Sacred Fist tree.)
- Path of Light (1) - This is the Handwraps deity feat. As with all deity feats it grants Proficiency with its weapon (in this case Handwraps). It is automatically granted rather than being chosen during feat selection.
- Divine Dream (6) - This is the level 6 "special" Deity feat. It makes you considered to be in Heavy Armor while centered for the purposes of the Sacred Defender tree. This does NOT let you be centered in heavy! It is automatically granted rather than being chosen during feat selection.
- Removed: Sacred Fist Paladins do not gain Shield, Armor, or Martial Weapon Proficiency of any kind. Note that because they get the Path of Light this means they can use Handwraps!
- Past Life: Sacred Fist: +5 Healing Amp and +5 Positive Spell Power per stack.
- New Tree: Sacred Fist, Replaces Knight of the Chalice
- Stormsinger (Bard): Changes from Base Class:
- Stormsingers gain the following feats:
- Stormsingers do not gain the following feats:
- Improved Inspire Courage +1
- Improved Inspire Courage +2
- Soothing Song
- Ballad Melody: Greatness
- Inspiration Melody: Heroics
- Past Life: Stormsinger: +5 Lightning and Sonic Spell Power per stack.
- New Tree: Stormsinger, Replaces Swashbuckler
- Familiars from Feydark Illusionist and Falcons from Falconry now remain active while you are dead.
- Feydark Illusionist Familiars no longer fall through the world.
- Feydark Illusionist Familiars no longer spawn twice and then one explodes.
- Familiars and Falcons no longer block mouse selection.
- Single Weapon Specialty now correctly applies in all situations.
- Fury of the Wild's Destiny Mantle now persists correctly through logout.
- The Shadow debuff from Shadowdancer now properly drops 1 stack at a time.
- Unyielding's Lay on Hands no longer prevents you from using it based on your Charisma score if your Constitution score is higher.
- Warchanter's Iced Edges no longer drops on logout.
- Nerve Venom in Shiradi no longer has an erroneous DC.
- Sunblades should now respect two-handed fighting rules more accurately.
- Unyielding Sentinel's Resurrection no longer erroneously requires 20 levels, is now 30 as intended.
- Tabaxi's Dexterity to Damage now works correctly in Animal Form.
- Weapons without an ability score modifier to damage no longer show a negative base damage rating.
- Perfected Darkstorm Helm now has a caster level.
- The camera has been adjusted such that mouse look will no longer occasionally turn your character 180 degrees and make you look up or down.
- Party and Guild chat disconnects should no longer take as long to reconnect.
- A large variety of text bugs and inconsistencies have been fixed.
- monsters will no longer randomly gain stone prison on-hit effects due to your own gear
- Sonic blast is now properly single target (note: it will still continue to hit breakables in an AOE).
- Several Dinosaur Bone Crafting affixes no longer have an erroneous Saving Throw.
- Great Weapon Aptitude now allows Natural Fighting as one of its prerequisites instead of just Two Handed Fighting.
- Khyber Dragonshards no longer drop. Recipes that use Khyber Dragonshards now use Siberys Dragonshards instead.
- Eldritch Knight dice now work on Shields.
- All level versions of the Abishai set is now a Profane instead of Artifact bonus.
- There are 3 new Gameplay options:
- Gather Trap Parts: (default True) - While true, disabling traps will cause you to gather Trap Parts from them. Turn this off to stop gathering trap parts from traps you disable.
- Experimental Tumble Controls: (default False) - While true, pressing Block while moving will cause you to Tumble instead of causing you to Block. If you continue to hold Block, you will end the tumble in the blocking state.
- Disable Full Character Effect Overlays: (default False) - While true, full character effect overlays on your character will be disabled. Affected visuals:
- Fire Shield (Cold)
- Fire Shield (Hot)
- Elemental Forms (Both Sorcerer and Druid)
- There are two new spells:
- True Seeing, Mass: Cast True Seeing on yourself and your allies. Clr/FvS 8
- Freedom of Movement, Mass: Cast Freedom of Movement on yourself and your nearby allies. Clr/FvS/Drd 7
- Reaper Crafting's cost has been reduced to 75 Reaper Fragments.
- You may now dissolve Reaper items at the second Reaper NPC at any amount of reaper points (note: crafting using these ingredients still requires 50 Reaper points)
- Reaper crafting no longer accepts level 1 or 2 items.
- Warchanter's Iced Edges now scales with Spell Power.
- House Jorasco Favor buffs now have a "give me the works" option that charges the total platinum you'd get from just clicking them all individually.
- House Phiarlan Favor buffs now last for 60 minutes.
- Fred can now combine Dragonshards for you.
- Spells that may target undead friends (aka Inflict spells) can now validate the caster as a redirected target (aka be cast targeting the caster implicitly) as long as the caster is undead.
- The spells Bless, Prayer, and Bane all now have a cooldown of 10 seconds.
- Base Attack Bonus is now capped at 25.
- Tiefling's Incinerations are now: +2% and +3% Fire Spell Critical Damage.
- Holy Smite, Order's Wrath, Chaos Hammer, and Unholy Blight now deal 1d6+4 damage per caster level.
- Completionist is now automatically granted upon reaching level 3. Current characters with Completionist have been given a free feat respec token.
- Swords to Plowshares now grants Handwraps a +1 Morale bonus to Critical Threat Range.
- The Winter Hunt buff from Nature's Warrior core 5 now grants +5 Cold Spell Crit Chance and +15% Cold Spell Crit Damage.
- Aasimar and Scourge Core 3 no longer provides a bonus to Healing Hands charges.
- Aasimar and Scourge Core 5 no longer provides a recharge ability to Healing Hands charges, and also now provides +2 healing hands charges.
- Angel of Vengeance core abilities no longer provide bonuses to caster level and max caster level.
- Updated: Divine Disciple
- Garret the Sainted and Erytheia Sundawn have had their hit points increased. Additionally Garret will be less likely to dive directly into melee combat.
- Two additional hirelings have been added, Albereth Welen and Bulwark Torunn. Albereth is a level 30 Favored Soul, and Bulwark is a level 30 Cleric. These have been added to hireling sellers and the store!
- Rogue Hirelings Search Scores have been improved to be more able to search of upper heroic traps on harder difficulties.
- Enervation cast by monsters no longer applies its Damage Over Time.
- Fixed an issue where Paypal would get stuck in the authentication phase of check out.
- Fixed an issue where DDO Market would get stuck at reCAPTCHA when opened from in the game.
- Whirlwind Attack is now: "Tactical Melee Cleave: Activate this ability to attack all enemies in a 360 degree arc around you twice. This attack deals +4[W] damage." (Known Issue: This is meant to be +2[w], will be corrected in a future patch). Note that it now hits the same number of times in all melee combat styles.
- Whirlwind Attack no longer requires Combat Expertise and Spring Attack (It now only requires Dodge, Mobility, and a BAB of +4)
- Whirlwind Attack no longer pauses at the end of its animations, making it significantly faster and making it flow into your next attack better.
- Whirlwind Attack now properly scales with attack speed for Razorclaw Shifters fighting with Claws.
- Great Cleave is now up to 4[W]. Now requires +4 BAB, Cleave, Power Attack, STR 13+. 1 hit, 4[W].
- The XP Bar on the character sheet has been removed to facilitate Archetype and Class Displays. If you would like to view your character's total level progress, you may rotate through available XP bars by pressing the XP Bar Toggle at the bottom left hand corner of your screen, next to the & symbol.
- Hit Point and Spell Point tooltips on the character sheet now display their numbers correctly.
Released on June 22, 2022
Of Special Note:
The Isle of Dread has arrived!
A mysterious island reappears off the coast of Stormreach and Foxpaw has been kidnapped by pirates to be dragged away to the island. To make matters worse, the Cult of Vecna has been sighted in the region. It can't be a coincidence. Prehistoric dangers await any that step onto the island's shores...if they can survive the passage.
Explore the island's mysterious ruins, encounter fearsome foes, gather new powerful items, play as the new Tabaxi race, and uncover what the Cult of Vecna is planning. The Isle of Dread is available to purchase now! Players that purchase the expansion now will receive immediate access to ingame items, cosmetics, and the all-new Tabaxi race! Learn more on DDO.com. Get started with Isle of Dread by speaking to Zalnathe the Dread Bundle Item Vendor to get any items with your purchase, and speak to Wulth Sulfork to travel to the Isle of Dread! Both NPCs are located in The Harbor past the Hut from Beyond on the Stormreach docks.
News and Notes:
- A large variety of typos in various pieces of content and the user interface have been fixed.
- Fixed an incorrect DC description for Devour the Soul.
- SLAs in Divine Disciple may now heal undead players.
- The Heighten Metamagic feat will no longer lower your spell DCs.
- Greater Color Spray SLAs are now considered to be spell level 5.
- Quench from Bottled Rainstorm now has a 1 second cooldown.
- Removed visual effects from Tidal's on-hit imbue to prevent client lag.
- Several armors have had their Maximum Dexterity Bonus corrected to appropriate values.
- The Banquet Hall amenity no longer removes itself while zoning.
- Otto's Stones of Experience no longer tell you that they add Epic Destiny XP.
- Stat damage in dungeons is now restored more reliably.
- Recipe text for augments in the Remnant Vendor are now correct.
- On-hit fire damage from Champions now respects its internal cooldown.
- Produce Flame may now be cast directionally.
- Fixed a Tabaxi character creation bug where bows were sometimes held backwards.
- Fixed typos in Vampire Ascendant Shroud.
- Favored Soul Grace of Battle and Knowledge of Battle's effect on items now have slightly better effect nomenclature.
- The Horseshoe Crab Shield now has a description.
- The Golden Orb of Death's description now has punctuation.
- Some collectibles are now categorized better.
- Resist Energy: Sonic now gets bonus caster levels from Sorcerer's Air Savant correctly.
- Fixed a string table error with the NPC Hada D'Jorasco.
- Shadowdancer's Shadowstrike (Melee) now has a snappier animation.
- Some old Epic Destiny ability scripting has been removed from Exalted Angel.
- Rune Arms with Reaper bonuses now work 100% of the time.
- Magus' Destiny Mantle no longer drops on zone transitions.
- Flame Strike now does its proper damage, respects its line-of-sight requirements, and no longer gets supercharged when cast by a monster.
- The 10% bonus to Ability Score Modifier to Damage granted by wielding a Bastard Sword or Dwarven Waraxe now applies properly regardless of exactly how you are using those weapons.
- Fixed an issue where bonuses to Ability Score Modifier to Damage while using a Bastard Sword or Dwarven Waraxe would not apply correctly in some circumstances.
- Tabaxi Trailblazer's Attune no longer drops on death.
- Belt of the Ram's ability, Ram's Might, no longer drops on death.
- Eldritch Knight's Subtle Force I now gives its listed Sonic Resistance.
- Divine Crusader's Consecrate now properly damages non-evil creatures.
- Using the shift key to fast fall now works on Monk's Slow Fall.
- The evil spirit that has been resetting so many bear traps after they've been triggered has been exorcised from DDO for now. Most bear traps will now only trigger once.
- You may now trade 100 pack ingredients for a Star Fragment, and 100 Star Fragments and 500 Threads of Fate for a Nebula Fragment.
- Enchantment DCs are now an option in Tier 3 of Magus of the Eclipse.
- Teleport items found within expansion packs have been upgraded! These items are now able to teleport you to all destinations that the other teleport items had access to - this means that if you have one of these items, you'll be able to teleport directly to the locations of all of them. You must own the item associated with the location you are attempting to teleport to. This means that, for example, when using the Sharn Boarding Pass, you'll be able to teleport to the Feywild if you own the Feywild Tuning Fork as a part of your account. However, you do not need to have the Tuning Fork with you to do this - which means that carrying one of these items is now equivalent to carrying all of them, potentially saving you inventory space. You may also drag these individual locations from the menu onto your hotbars, so if you need to reach a specific destination often, you can activate them from there instead of from your inventory. The following items are affected:
- Isle of Dread Treasure Map
- Saltmarsh Compass
- Feywild Tuning Fork
- Sharn Boarding Pass
- Bottle of Mist
- The Mysterious Ring in the Sands of Menechtarun adventure pack is now a little cooler!
- Many effects in the game that used to scale with Epic levels now scale with the total of your Epic and Legendary levels (effects that have changed this way specifically say so in their text.)
- Bonuses to Ability Score Modifier to Damage are now described the same way in tooltips for both the Single Weapon Fighting and Two Handed Fighting feats.
- If you now have bonuses to Ability Score Modifier to Damage from Single Weapon Fighting feats and Two Handed Fighting feats (including the new ML31 Specialty feats), only the highest of those two sets applies.
- Hamstring effects are now considered Bleed effects and can be removed with effects that remove bleeds such as Close Wounds and Regeneration.
- The dreaded exploding spiders of Sharn have had their Hit Points reduced to 25% of their original value. They also give a little more time before they explode. Blast them before they blast you.
- Epic Destinies
- In addition to earning more points for your Epic Destinies, the Epic Destinies will be modified to include their 4th core ability with the release of the level cap increase. These 4th core abilities each have a Minimum Level of 32.
New Destiny Feats
Here are the new minimum level 31+ Destiny feats now available with Update 55:
Weapon Specialty Feats:
- These four feats grant bonuses that resemble the Greater version of their Heroic feat line. Each feat requires having the Greater version of one of the other three weapon style combat lines, essentially allowing those who have taken feats in one fighting style to gain the effects of the full 3-feat-chain of a different fighting style.
- Spell Specialty Feats: These require the Epic Spell Focus feat from a school other than the one you're picking here, essentially allowing you to improve your potency with a secondary school. These are also antirequisites of the base spell focus feats - so you can't double up on a school you already have a spell focus for.
- Elemental Form Specialty
- Wild Force
- Legendary Toughness
- Legendary Aim
- Enhanced Elemental Dice
- New augments, requiring Minimum Level 32 and using Level 32 scaling, debut with Isle of Dread.
- Cannith Crafting has been expanded to allow for the crafting of Level 31 and 32 items using Level 31 and 32 power levels.
- Creeping Death: Some traps have been updated to affect monsters, number of monsters reduced per group.
- The Dragonborn Prophesy Quests ("Black and Blue" and "Newcomers") have had the number of monsters reduced throughout both dungeons including removing several sets of monsters.
- Items within the Shared Crafting Storage now update their names and descriptions automagically should they be changed in a game update!
- Item bind status is now displayed on one line in item tooltips.
- Multiple improvements have been made to how weapons display their dice:
- Base damage rating now factors in your ability score modifier, which makes it a much better estimator of a weapon's relative effectiveness.
- Weapons no longer show dice estimations for their base and critical rolls, instead displaying a simplified view so that it's easier to understand what numbers mean.
- Augments now display prettier! Their slot types now appear in examination and are color-coded appropriately.
- There is now a separate icon for each Tome of Learning you've consumed.
- Hovering over your character's build type on the character sheet will now display that character's total past lives earned.
- The party display UI no longer makes players with temporary Hit Points appear to be at a higher percentage of health than they really are.
- Searching in any search bar no longer also sorts your shared bank and Details+ tab.
- Newly created Glamered shields will now cleanly equip to your cosmetic offhand without reporting that there's an inventory error when trying to double-click them.
- Glamered items will no longer improperly show their weapon dice or their augment slots.
- Glamered items have slightly prettier descriptions.
- The Quest Selector UI now has a search bar! This also works for searching by level. You may also now search for a specific level in the Adventure Compendium.
- You may now toggle between seeing your XP progress split into ranks as before or seeing the full level as one bar by using the XP Bar Toggle Button next to the D&D Ampersand Logo on your XP Bar.
- Some Isle of Dread ingredients are currently Bound to Account erroneously when they should be unbound.
- The incorrect chest is appearing when defeating certain purple-rares in the Isle of Dread landscape.
- The character sheet XP bar displays as full visually regardless of legendary XP earned.
- Chests in the Isle of Dread quest "Whispers of Return" do not give their correct treasure.
Released on April 27, 2022
Of Special Note:
The Pre-purchase for The Isle of Dread begins on Wednesday!
Learn more about our upcoming Isle of Dread expansion in the DDO Market! The cult of Vecna has been sighted in the region, and now a mysterious island has reappeared off the coast. It can’t be a coincidence. Prehistoric dangers await any who set foot on the island’s shores, so only true heroes will be capable of surviving the threats and stopping the cult. Experience new adventures, new monsters, and a level cap increase to 32! Play the new character race the Tabaxi or the Iconic Tabaxi Trailblazer, get your permanent Raptor Hireling, and more! The Isle of Dread is currently scheduled to be released on June 8th, 2022.
Once you have pre-purchased Isle of Dread you can speak to an NPC located past the Hut From Beyond in the Harbor docks named Zalnathe to pick up your available pre-purchase items!
News and Notes
- Eldritch Knight's elemental damage dice should now more reliably add up.
- Eldritch Knight's Force's Point no longer spams your combat log.
- Fixed a typo in the Quicken Metamagic enhancement for Exalted Angel.
- A variety of active Exalted Angel abilities no longer work underwater.
- 1st core of Exalted Angel now provides magical training correctly.
- Fixed typos with Green and Shadow Dragon Breath in Draconic Incarnation.
- Feywild Attunement in Shiradi Champion now grants its listed Spellpower.
- Core 2 Shiradi now provides the doubled and listed dodge and fort bypass.
- Fatesinger's Grandeur now functions.
- Air Savant's Feather Fall no longer drops on death.
- Shadar-kai chain can now be used while quelled.
- Magus of the Eclipse: Lunar Insight now functions.
- All Magus actives may now be used while moving.
- Clarified Vistani core 4's tooltip to make sure it was more accurate.
- Regeneration no longer has visual effects and therefore no longer has visual effect bugs.
- Greensteel Regeneration no longer drops on death.
- Raging Blows in Barbarian now correctly grants its +1[W].
- Palemaster Undead Shrouds should now persist through logout better.
- Holy Mantle from Divine Crusader should now persist through logout better.
- Abyssal Shroud from Warlock should persist through logout better.
- Shiradi's Pin now grants its listed 3[W] instead of 1[W].
- Shiradi's Pin no longer has a DC.
- Fixed a typo in the Draconic Destiny Mantle.
- Fixed typo in Shiradi epic moment.
- Killer Instinct now has removal floaty text to make it clearer when it wears off.
- Storm's Eye now has no removal floaty text since that makes it visually obstructive.
- Scion of the Astral Plane no longer drops on death.
- Monster casted Flame Strike will damage players again.
- Epic Delera's Rune Arm now drops as intended.
- Legendary Saltmarsh Rune Arm now drops as intended.
- Creeping Doom and Divine Wrath no longer go through Spell Absorption.
- The Defiler of the Just Raid Questgiver no longer tries to teleport you into the dungeon no matter what you tell her.
- Epic Spell Power categories no longer require minimum level 26.
- Fixed typo in the Filigree Divinity: Seeker (Rare) (Melee attack power -> Melee Power).
- Fixed a typo in a generic Sharn text line for town NPCs.
- Fixed Slay:Blank bugs in the Splinterskull chain.
- Displacement no longer takes Enlarge since its a self-only spell.
- Artificers should find it much easier to mount up now while charging their Rune Arm.
- Prevented scenarios where a Reaper Ring enchantment could be erroneously non-applied to a non-ring item.
- Fixed a typo in barbarian's Focus Wide buff.
- Crazy Strikes now grants its Weapon[W] bonus correctly.
- Fatesinger Core 2 and 3 now grant its DCs.
- Shillelagh now correctly gives Bludgeon DR bypass instead of Magic.
- When you Release from a dungeon while dead, you will be brought back to life with 20 Hit Points instead of 1 HP.
- Trap the Soul has gotten an overhaul:
- There is no more Hit Dice limit on this spell, and there is only one variant.
- This spell now gives you the regular gem for all CRs.
- Cannith Crafting recipes just use that one regular gem.
- Changed the cooldown to 10 seconds (Sorcerer stays at 8 seconds).
- Shiradi caster mantles changes:
- All proc dice have been raised to 7d77.
- Spellcast scaling has been raised to 100%.
- Proc rate has been raised to 7%.
- The elements offered have changed: now you may select from Light, Force, Poison, or Sonic.
- The following Destiny Mantles now deal 1d6+6 damage per caster level when they proc:
- Magus of the Eclipse
- Primal Avatar
- Exalted Angel
Tabaxi and Tabaxi Iconic
- The Tabaxi Race and Tabaxi Trailblazer Iconic have been added to the game! The Tabaxi base race is FREE to VIPs, included in your pre-purchase of Isle of Dread, and will be available for DDO Points in the DDO Store in the future.
- Tabaxi are a base race that starts in Eberron. Resembling great cats like jungle cats, Tabaxi are a dexterous race that are light on their feet. Their innate feat allows them to move quickly for a after spending a short time planning their next move. Tabaxi make good Rogues, Monks, and Bards.
- Hovering over your Epic Destiny points now displays a context-sensitive tooltip that reports your points breakdown.
- The LFM UI Difficulty display element has been adjusted to be more vertically centered.
- Hovering over a weapon now factors in the Improved Critical feat.
- The character sheet has gotten a minor visual upgrade in its layout.
- It now shows you your total level instead of your total Action Points.
- Several text and bounding box inconsistencies have been fixed involving bad element placement.
- The Saves label is now Saving Throws and is the proper font.
- The BAB box is now lined up correctly, and the BAB amount is now centered.
- A variety of UI improvements relating to how we display Character Level have been made:
- Your character sheet no longer shows the Epic Class in its class breakdown.
- When someone requests to join your LFM, you will now see their total level in parenthesis and then their class breakdown, which will no longer include their Epic class levels. Text Literal: "$NAME$ ($LVL$)($CLASSES$) would like to join your party."
- The Character Selection screen will no longer display your Epic class levels.
- Examining a player now shows their Total level and then their class breakdown, and the class breakdown no longer displays their epic level.
- The Guild, Who, and LFM displays for players no longer shows their Epic levels as part of their class breakdown.
- The Who, Guild, and LFM UI elements for player entries now have appropriate Skin Mapping hookups for UI Skinning.
- There is a new Gameplay option: Force Heals to Self when Targeting Undead (default: false). While true, when you have an enemy Undead targeted, any positive healing actions will be cast on you instead of the undead.
Released on February 24, 2022
Of Special Note:
New Adventure Pack: Hunter and Hunted!
The Wild Hunt want you to join them...as prey! This new Adventure Pack is FREE to VIPs and available in the DDO Store! Hunter and Hunted includes two dungeons and a raid at level 32 on Legendary difficulty. The quests are level 7 on Heroic difficulty. The NPCs are located in a small public space accessible through The Hut From Beyond in The Harbor.
The Anniversary Event has returned!
The Anniversary Event is back to celebrate DDO's 16th year! Get started towards the back of House Phiarlan by finding Gnoa Bn'for. To celebrate 16 years we are giving away a selection of Bound to Account cosmetic outfits! Once per day characters can speak to the Anniversary Djinn outside of the Anniversary Dungeon in House Phiarlan to select their choice of Red, Blue, Green, Pink, and Silver. Each character can pick an outfit once per day, and there is no limit to the number of outfits you choose other than the once-per-day-per-character limit. The Anniversary Djinn will be available for players to acquire these cloaks through December 31st, 2022. The Anniversary Event runs through March 20th, 2022!
New items to barter for this year include masks and capelets that match our free coats. We have also added the following previous anniversary gifts to the Anniversary Event Barter Vendor:
- The Sentient Jewel of the Dragon
- 15th Anniversary Commemorative Cloak
- Robe of Celebration
- Medium Armor of Celebration
- Heavy Armor of Celebration
- Medium Docent of Celebration
- Heavy Docent of Celebration
The following races and classes from the core D&D Player's Handbook are now permanently free for everyone in DDO:
Players who have already purchased these races and classes will receive a Greater Elixir of Discovery for each of the races and classes they own prior to the release of Update 53. Speak with Jubilee the Discoverer on the bottom floor of the Eberron Hall of Heroes to get one Bound to Account Greater Elixir of Discovery for each feature you had previously purchased. You may only claim each feature's Elixir once in total (across all characters and servers), so please use caution if you play on multiple servers. These Elixirs cannot be claimed on any active Hardcore worlds.
ALSO: VIPs now get daily Gold Rolls on Daily Dice for the remainder of 2022 (through 11:59pm Eastern (-5 GMT) on December 31st, 2022)!
News and Notes:
- Absolute Zero now applies its frozen crowd control to Fire enemies that are immune to Death, instead of letting the Death effect bounce off and therefore having no effect.
- The Druidic Oath system now only alerts you about breaking your Druidic Oath if you become oathbreaking from a state where you are not oathbreaking, preventing over-spam of its alert.
- Druidic Stoneshape now works with Dire Bear.
- Strength Domain now only bases your Reflex Saving Throws on Strength if it is higher than your Dexterity.
- Failing a Concentration roll now generates feedback on the avatar.
- When the feat Elusive Target triggers it now displays a visual over your character's head to know it has applied.
- Artificer Iron Defender Pets and Druid Wolf Pets have had some of their animations adjusted. Some animations that were not scaling with attack speed now do, and some animations that were missing (and therefore caused pets to stand around confused) have now been connected.
- A variety of effects that provide a full Heal now work on Undead players.
- Almost all existing enhancements for Artificer Iron Defender and Druid Wolf pets are now granted automatically as those pets go up in level. (The ones that are not automatically granted are specifically called out below, all other existing ones are). The level they gain them at is the same as the previous Minimum Level for those Enhancements.
- For Iron Defender pets, Alignment enhancements are not automatically granted, as they are mutually exclusive. You can now talk to any Artificer trainer to select your Pet's Alignment, which is now displayed as an effect on your pet. Your selections remain until changed or until you Reincarnate. The Chaotic selection continues to provide the Breaker of Boxes behavior.
- For both Iron Defender and Wolf pets, Threat Generation/Reduction enhancements are not automatically granted, as they are mutually exclusive. You can now talk to any Artificer or Druid trainer (depending on your pet) to select -40% Threat from Melee Attacks, +0% Threat from Melee Attacks, or +100% Threat from Melee Attacks. Your selections remain until changed or until you Reincarnate, and stack with all other sources of Increased or Reduced Melee Threat.
- The Bluff and Intimidate active abilities have been removed from Iron Defender and Wolf pets for the time being. We plan on returning these in a future update.
- Artificer Iron Defender Pets, Druid Wolf Pets, and Pale Master's Skeleton Pet now all have a baseline of 100% Fortification at all levels. This stacks with Gear and any Feats or Enhancements they have.
- Feydark Illusionist's Illusory Augmentation now correctly grants its bonuses if you have obtained Augment Summoning from a temporary source, such as gear or an augment.
- Hope for Success from the Favored Soul's Beacon of Hope tree now applies more reliably.
- Sacred Touch in Warpriest and Warsoul now mentions the typing of the buff.
- Eldritch Knight's Proficiencies now apply more reliably.
- Elditch Knight's visuals now change color depending on which Spellsword Toggle you have turned on.
- Cut the Strings' Death and Damage effects now respect their one second cooldown.
- Cut the Strings no longer fails if you are targeting someone behind you.
- Discord melee and ranged skills no longer scale with Spell Power AND Melee/Ranged Power.
- Discord Ranged skill now grants its 10 Spell Points when three chords are consumed.
- The Greater Shout SLA from Fatesinger is now considered to be Spell Level 6.
- Carrion Swarm now has updated visual effects.
- First Blood no longer kills you if you cast a spell on yourself.
- Warforged is now awarded on a per-server basis for 400 Total Favor, replacing the Drow race, which is now free. If you previously achieved 400 total Favor and unlocked Drow on a server then Warforged will automatically unlock when you log in with a character on that server that currently has at least 400 total Favor and had previously claimed the rank of Drow from Nyx. If you do not have a character with at least 400 Favor, earning the 400 Favor threshold and speaking to Nyx will unlock Warforged on that server.
- The epic feat Doubleshot has its correct tooltip.
- Mounting a mount will no longer turn off the Rune Arm Use feat, and will instead suppress your Rune Arm charge until you are dismounted.
- Bloody Footprints now display properly for the following Races:
- Warforged Male/Female Inquisitives
- Shifter Male (all styles)
- Tiefling Male (1 handed/1 handed shield style)
- Drow (both genders) (Inquisitive Style)
- You may now Barter for Sands of Menectarun wilderness loot from Masei Mkembe's Barter Shop in Zawabi's Refuge if you have Antique Bronze Tokens to spare.
- The Reaper Shard Crafting recipes for Goggles and Glove now function correctly.
- Dripping with Magma now triggers once every 1 second instead of .25.
- Bowdlin (Collectible Trader) now correctly tells you that he distributes Red Augments and not colorless.
- Quality Spell Focus Mastery now changes from +1 to +2 at a slightly earlier level so more gear has the +2 version of the affix.
- Spell Penetration and Attack Augments now have corrected descriptions.
- The hardcore season five vendor was using old logic that assumed the player took their favor rewards in order sometimes preventing a player from claiming the "death follows you reward" if they hasn't already claimed Death Watches you reward . This has now been corrected.
- Certain legacy Healing Amplification effect tooltips have been modernized.
- Commendations from the various Eveningstar factions (such as War Wizard) are now Bound to Account instead of Bound to Character.
- Alchemical Elemental Attunement effects now each correctly work on both Melee and Ranged attacks
- Animated Armors should no longer heal from Negative energy.
- Relevant monsters in the new adventure pack "Hunter and Hunted" have been added to the Monster Manuals.
- Smaller crabs now play animations when crowd controlled.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- A new NPC is available in Eveningstar (near the mailbox), the Ball and Chain in Wheloon, the Blue Water Inn in Ravenloft, near the entrance from Eberron in the Feywild wilderness, outside of the tavern near the fountain in Sharn, in the Snapping Line Inn in Saltmarsh. Randall Lyric sells augments in exchange for local ingredients.
- Some changes have been made to the +Cordovan and +Steelstar fights this year, and some new jokes, in-jokes, and secrets have been scattered throughout! We have also done work on the Kobold path, including replacing some kobolds with rats, thinning out some spawn numbers, and adjusting some aggro settings. Players should also no longer find themselves needing to run the kobold path a second time based on the state of Jeets' and Malicia's dialog.
- Clicking on the door in Meridia to The Shroud no longer tries to teleport you to Ritual Sacrifice.
- Typos have been fixed in Raven's Bane.
The Red Fens
- Into the Deep - Fixed several sections of this dungeon that did not get their proper stat pass in Update 51.
The Soul Splitter
- Soul Survivor - Captain Loren d'Lyrandar has undergone an avatar update.
Vault of Night
- Fixed Veil's awkward appearance in "The Prisoner" Quest on difficulties other than normal.
- Tiefling Infernal Resistance no longer drops on Death.
- Fixed an issue with spells that appeared "inside" of enemies when they were hard targeted that would cause the target to fail for the enemy. This fixes spells like Holy Smite, Chaos Hammer, Flame Strike, and others that are hard target spells.
- Lionheart and Reincarnate now properly take the Eschew Materials metamagic feat.
- Fire Seeds, Ice Flowers, and Burst of Glacial Wrath now take appropriate metamagic feats.
- Blur is back to being a 20% bonus.
- Meteor Swarm has had its screen shake and flash effect reduced.
- Acid Well now respects range limits for effects like Epic Defensive Fighting.
- Prismatic Strike's Daze is now an actual Daze effect instead of a stun effect.
- Tenser's Transformation no longer removes Eldritch Knight's Shield Proficiency upon removal.
New UI options
- Show Filigree Descriptions (Default: On): When active, Filigree in items display their descriptions and when inactive only names are shown.
- Show Uncompleted Sets (Default: On): When active, set bonuses display both set bonuses you have active and bonuses that are inactive. When off, only active set bonuses are displayed.
- Prevent Heal Soft Targeting (Default: On): This toggle forces your healing spells to use your hard target or self-target and not your soft target.
- Several small adjustments have been made to Filigree and Set Bonus displays to make them easier to read.
- The Spell Selector window (for spells such as Teleport and Fire Shield) now remembers its position.
- The Quest Selection UI now spells Receive correctly in its tooltips.
- The Examination window now remembers its position.
- There is a new button to Delete All Confirmed Mail. Note that this will not function if any mail in your Confirmed tab has any attachments.
- The Empty Slots field of the sorted inventory panel now matches its background area better.
- The Reincarnation UI no longer tells you that Iconic Heroes must be level 28.
- Epic Hearts of Wood no longer tell you that you need Karma to Epic Reincarnate.
- Improved how the quest system reveals an objective when a monster is near a player in an effort to improve game performance.
- A change has been made that adjusts dungeon event processing for certain objectives in an effort to improve game performance.
- The new dungeons and raid in the new adventure pack "Hunter and Hunted" do not have their proper experience set yet. The XP for running these quests will increase in the near future.
Released on December 9, 2021
Of Special Note
- A new Free to Play quest is available called Dread Sea Scrolls! Foxpaw the Gatekeeper has a plan to destroy Codex Pages once and for all - what could possibly go wrong? Encounter pirates, raptors, and even a mysterious island appearing off the Stormreach Harbor! Speak with Iris Joll inside of the Hut from Beyond in The Harbor to begin the adventure. This quest is level 6 on Heroic and level 32 on Legendary.
- Diversion from Ninja Spy now adds its five Sneak Attack dice without requiring you to be using a Quarterstaff.
- The Crown of Summer from the Druid's Season' Herald tree is now: "You have a +15 Enhancement bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, a +15 Enhancement bonus to Melee Power, and a +10 Enhancement bonus to Ranged Power."
- Leap of Faith's Feather Fall duration is now 15 seconds.
- Draconic Incarnation
- Bring About Destruction now applies its 10 Universal Spell Power.
- Exalted Angel
- Abilities in Exalted Angel now allow you to move while using them.
- Exalted Angel’s Leap of Faith now recharge if you are not a Favored Soul.
- Fury of the Wild
- Unbridled Fury now allows you to be moving while it activates.
- Depths of Darkness now stacks as intended.
- The Jester of the Festivult arrives soon! This year will feature new cookies with new benefits that the Jester claims taste better and have fewer calories! We hear the Jester will arrive on December 9th.
- There are new Reaper Bonus Effects that can drop on gear while in Reaper Mode. You may also now speak to the 2nd Reaper Vendor in the Hall of Heroes to enhance your gear with Reaper Bonuses.
- Lightning Storm Runearms now display fewer light particles.
- You no longer need to unequip and re-equip Minor Artifacts and Sentient weapons when you log in to get their bonuses.
- Fixed an issue where the Temperance of Spirit benefit was being erroneously removed upon death.
- Pierce Adamantine and Pierce Cold Iron acquired from items now function.
- The Eternal Wand of Cure Minor Wounds is now Bound to Account.
- The Epic, Legendary, and Perfected Bloodstone now have their correct icons.
- Several new augments are now available in-game: Healing Amplification, Repair Amplification, Negative Amplification, Melee Power, Ranged Power.
- The Crown of Summer item enchantment is now: "You have a +15 Enhancement Bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, a +10 Enhancement Bonus to Melee Power, and a +5 Enhancement bonus to Ranged Power."
- Several weapon effects now apply their proper visuals.
- The Armor of Celebration is now Bound to Account.
- Planar Shards are now Bound to Account.
- Eternal Flasks, Coffees, and other non-potion "Potions" can now be used while moving.
- Teleport Items (such as the Bottle of Mist from the Ravenloft Expansion Pack) are now Bound to Account.
- Upgrade Tomes of Fate are now able to be turned into Purified Eberron Dragonshards.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Sleeping in Brawnpits' bed no longer spams a voice line repeatedly.
- Undead and Necromancers in the Forgotten Realms will no longer congratulate you on finding Ahraatz-ri's Treasure Hoard.
- The Gianthold Augment traders now have their correct descriptions.
- The voice lines in Let Sleeping Dust Lie are now correct.
- Enervation and Rend the Soul no longer apply through Deathward.
- Enervation now takes Metamagic feats properly.
- While a character is dead and warded from being raised their health bar icon in the party window will now display a teal skull. Once the raise ward wears off, the skull will return to its normal red visual.
- You can now swap a Minor Artifact with another Minor Artifact in the same item slot without needing to unequip one item then equip the other separately.
- Augments can now be slotted while inside dungeons.
- The Comment Field in a Public LFM entry is now saved between the automatic Public LFM listing and delisting.
- Resetting a group of enhancement trees (Reaper, Enhancements, Destinies) no longer increases the cost of resetting other groups of enhancement trees.
- Your character's percentage bonus for Maximum Hit Points is now available to view in the + tab of the Character Sheet.
- The Bravery Bonus for the Quest Difficulty UI now displays bonuses more than four digits long.
- Universal Enhancement Trees are no longer slotted as active trees by default. You may find them in the dropdown menus of your Enhancement Windows.
- There is a new UI option checkbox to hide all buffs on your character that have Infinite Duration.
- The dice UI now displays Spell Resistance Failure! all on one line instead of being cut off.
- Earning a Reaper Action Point now briefly displays visuals on your character.
- Ponytail animations have been added during dual crossbow locomotion.
- The Beckon animation (used for mounting, intimidate, and the /beckon emote) now blends with movement.
Released on November 3, 2021
Epic Destiny Update
Update 51 brings a big update and overhaul of our Epic Destiny system! The new system features improvements through the level 20 to 30 process along with a new destiny called Magus of the Eclipse. All characters who are at least level 20 and players in the future who achieve level 20 can get started with the new system by speaking with a Fatespinner to be taken to the Junction of the Planes to acquire their Epic Destinies and learn more!
Epic Destinies are now free to every player regardless of account status. Any player who previously owned Epic Destinies will receive a Tome of Destiny +1 (Historic) that grants you +1 permanent Destiny Point for one of your characters (see the release notes for more information about Destiny Points.) If you have at least one character before this overhaul that has fully capped all of their Epic Destinies, you will receive an exclusive Cloak of Destiny featuring the now-deprecated Starmap to commemorate your achievement. All characters level 20 and higher at the time of this Update will not be able to change Feats with Fred until they perform a Lesser Reincarnation (or any other form of Reincarnation). This is to prevent invalid build scenarios and situations where certain feats simply cannot be swapped. All characters level 20 and higher at the time of this Update have been granted a Bound-to-Character +5 Lesser Heart of Wood.
The release notes are many, and too large to include here, follow the link above to see them all.
Released on August 4, 2021
- Poison Damage Resistance now properly reduces Poison Damage.
- Druids now get Protection from Elements Mass as a level 7 spell.
- Changes have been made to the spellcasting system that make casting spells more reliable. This may prevent dry firing of spells in certain situations.
- Hirelings will now cast their spells more reliably when directed to do so.
- Fixed an issue where trying to swap out of a missile weapon into a melee weapon wouldn't queue properly.
- Monster perception range is now slightly smaller (this may not apply to raid bosses or custom bosses).
- Saving throws on all epic monsters on elite and hard have been reduced.
- The Legendary II monster boosts have been removed.
- Underwater combat has been adjusted for playability, and no longer adjusts what spells are able to be cast, penalize your movement or attack rates as severely, and instead makes fire spells deal 80% damage and electric spells deal 120% while underwater.
- A new Universal Enhancement Tree called Horizon Walker is now available!
- Many changes to other trees, both bug fixes and modifications
- The 400 Gatekeeper Favor reward is now the Horizon Walker Universal Enhancement Tree, awarded on a per-character basis.
- Patron Reward feats should now consistently remain on you through Lesser and Epic Reincarnations.
- Burst of Glacial wrath now works on everything, rather than erroneously excluding certain monsters.
- Patron Reward feats should now consistently remain on you through Lesser and Epic Reincarnation.
- Favored Enemy feats now have more accurate descriptions.
- Permanent Gold Seal Hirelings, such as the Onyx Panther, Saltmarsh Bullywug Rogue, and Owlbear Defender are now Bound to Account.
- Scroll/Seal/Shard Loot System was removed, and replaced with a pack specific turn in.
- You can trade your existing scroll/seal/shard items for the appropriate Pack Ingredient
- End Game Items have been modified to lower the power level of items at the level cap
- Named Items found within Legendary content will be adjusted and normalized to values appropriate to their minimum level. This means that an item found within Ravenloft will match the power level of an item found within Sharn, or Feywild, or any of our other current Legendary content.
- Monster power level at end cap has been moved downwards to match the item changes.
- Guild Augments have now been fully deprecated.
- Lootgen Docents (and some other older Docents) should once more display their correct base appearance.
- Docents with old armor potion kits applied should once more show their appearances.
- Weapons that do non-mundane damage such as Flameblades or Celestia now correctly interact with DR and resistances.
- Trap the Soul now requires a standalone special component called a Khyber Dragonshard that is found in shops wherever high quality spell components may be found. This component works for all variations of Trap the Soul.
- Brilliant Crescent (main hand) now works with Swashbuckling.
- The Flamecleansed Fury set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Hruit's Influence set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Arcsteel Battlemage set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Arcsteel Battlemage set now properly gives +1 Intelligence as listed (was +2).
- The Feywild Dreamer set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Legendary Flamecleansed Fury set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Legendary Hruit's Influence set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Legendary Arcsteel Battlemage set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Legendary Arcsteel Battlemage set now properly gives +3 Intelligence as listed (was +4).
- The Legendary Feywild Dreamer set's Spell Crit Chance is now properly Artifact-typed.
- The Glowing Eyes cosmetics now show elven ears correctly.
- A new Monster Manual is available to purchase (FREE to VIPs!).
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Monsters will no longer cast persistent spells like Wall of Fire or crowd control spells like Soundburst in rapid succession.
- Removed some NPC's from Meridia that were not meant to be there.
- Fix a scaling issue with the monster stats in the following quests:
- Tower of Frost
- Memory Lapse
- Kind of a Big Deal
- Another Man's Treasure
- Zawabi now bestows and resolves Against the Demon Queen (the 6-player pre-raid) and Zawabi's Revenge (the 12-player raid) separately. You are now only required to complete Against the Demon Queen once per life in order to play Zawabi's Revenge; after that, Zawabi will allow you to choose which quest to speak to him about.
- Against the Demon Queen is no longer restricted by Raid Timer.
- Raid Timer Bypass Hourglasses now work properly on Zawabi's Revenge.
- Half Elves have had a cosmetic update. Half-elven characters will automatically see their looks updated when they log into the game for the first time after Update 50 is released.
- Half orc male run animations have been updated.
- The Alchemist spell Smoke Bomb's Invisibility no longer remains after you begin attacking.
Released on April 21, 2021
- New Adventure Pack Peril of the Planar Eyes
- Game improvements changes
- Doublestrike and Doubleshot will no longer apply a full subsequent "attack" as part of your attack chain. Instead, when a player Doublestrikes or Doubleshots the game will instead multiply the base amount of damage dealt (first number and sneak attack) by the amount of Doublestrikes or Doubleshots generated. This means that a player who deals an average of 100 damage on their first hit will now deal 200, or 300 damage, or however many Doublestrikes or Doubleshots multiplied by their base damage, when their Doublestrikes or Doubleshots go off.
- When a Doublestrike or Doubleshot happens, you'll see an icon of two swords next to your damage in the floaty text, similar to how Point Blank Shot provides its feedback.
- Abilities that apply additional ranged projectiles (Shuriken Expertise and Advanced Ninja Training) no longer apply multiple hits or projectiles. Instead, just as if they had been purely Doubleshot scalars, they will simply be additional chances to Doubleshot.
- Effects that trigger on-hit will also have their damage multiplied comparatively. This means that if you deal 10 Law damage on each hit, on a Doublestrike, it will deal 20.
- Repeating Crossbows and the Dual Crossbow style still fire 3 or 2 full projectiles (so you'll still see 3 numbers or 2 numbers, respectively) and are still affected by their Doubleshot penalties of 66% and 50%, respectively.
- A player's 100% effective Doublestrike cap still applies in this system.
- Offhand strikes will still be a separate "hit" and will roll their own damage from their own weapon and can still Doublestrike. However, we have removed the stat Offhand Doublestrike from the game. Your offhand now Doublestrikes at 50% of the Doublestrike of your mainhand. This means that if you have a 50% chance to produce an offhand strike, and 100% Doublestrike, your offhand will hit 50% of the time for 50% Doublestrike (so a 50% chance to deal double damage). Abilities and enhancements that used to provide Offhand Doublestrike no longer do so. Your offhand can only doublestrike a maximum of 50% of the time.
- Shields still cannot Doublestrike.
- Strikethrough attacks still proc their own Doublestrike roll individually per target struck.
- The main reasoning behind these changes (letting repeaters and offhand strikes still proc rather than fully condensing) is that we want to keep our damage numbers appropriate to the amount of animations that a player actually produces.
- Adrenaline's damage multiplier has been reduced from 300/300/300/400% to 150/150/150/200%
- Fury Eternal's 33% chance to regain an Adrenaline charge on vorpal has been increased to 100%
- Hunt's End damage multiplier has been reduced from 400% to 300%
- Hunt's End cooldown has been reduced from 24sec to 18sec
- Aasimar Scourge has lost its 2% Offhand Doublestrike per copy (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained an additional 1% Doublestrike per copy in its place (It now grants a total of 2% per copy, because it gave +1% before)
- Fury Eternal and Fury Made Placid's tooltips no longer claim that the two abilities are antirequisites of each other; they aren't.
- Tempest Capstone (Dervish) has lost its 25% Offhand Doublestrike (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained +10% Doublestrike.
- Bow changes
- Add an animation set to Bow combat that allows us to balance the Bow combat style without incredibly-high Base Attack Bonus values that break the speed cap.
- Buff bow builds in Heroic levels.
- Buff bow builds in Epic by retaining the existing maximum attack speed but adding more power.
- Remove the combat style's over-reliance on burst damage by eliminating Manyshot and adding most of that power back to bow stats in other places.
- Diversify the number of viable builds that can use Longbows and Shortbows.
- Don't significantly shift the role or strength of individual Enhancement Trees - Let the other features of the pass bring all of them up together.
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
Released on November 5, 2020
- Fables of the Feywild Expansion
- Significant changes have been made to the game's Augment system
- Panacea, Close Wounds, Heal, and Unyielding Sovereignty now clear Bleed effects.
- Text chat messages sent to General, Advice, Trade, Party, Guild, Guild officer, or player created chat rooms will now be displayed to you after they go to the chat server and back.
- This means that if you are not connected to the chat server, it won't look like you are chatting with your guild, for example, when you are only really chatting with yourself.
- The launcher now has a “Remember me for 8 hours” checkbox.
- This will allow the launcher to remember your login credentials for 8 hours or until you actively choose to logout.
Released on October 12, 2020
- New Legendary Raids
- Three of our classic raids have been given a Legendary update! A Vision of Destruction, The Lord of Blades, and The Master Artificer are now available to run at level 32! Additionally, these raids no longer require playing any prerequisite quests to flag for them on any difficulty, and the quest givers for these raids will now teleport you directly into the raid without needing to traverse a landscape.
- New Free Dungeon
- The Promise of Fire is a new standalone dungeon for levels 6 and 27! This quest is free to all players. Find the quest giver Lady Sera Jaymes in the Searing Heights Wilderness Adventure Area. The dungeon itself is also located in Searing Heights.
- Fables of the Feywild Pre-Purchase Has Begun!
- Our next expansion Fables of the Feywild will be available to prepurchase on Monday. Find details about our new race, the Shifter, along with the new Iconic Razorclaw Shifter and Universal Enhancement Tree Feydark Illusionist in the release notes.
- Several bug fixes
- Focused Blast Range has been increased by 20%.
- Mounts found via Daily Dice are now Bound to Account.
- The Mystery Basket, gained from the DDO Store or Daily Dice, now has a new Tressym in it.
- Fury of the Wild: Sense Weakness no longer provides untyped damage on hit, and instead now provides a flat +1 Damage per rank, for a total of +3 Damage.
- Shifter Past Lives are now required to obtain Racial Completionist.
- Heroic Alchemical Crafting no longer requires raid-specific crafting ingredients.
- If you have any extra raid-tier alchemical crafting ingredients, you may turn them in for Sharn/Nearly Finished crafting ingredients at a Cannith Melting Station.
- The following potions can now be used while raging:
- Lesser Restoration
- Remove Blindness
- Remove Curse
- Remove Disease
Released on April 23, 2020
- New Adventure Pack The Lost Gatekeepers
- The majority of Gatekeeper NPC's have moved to the The Gatekeepers' Grove which can be reached via the Stormreach Harbor.
- Zarnoth the Vigilant Gatekeeper Favor NPC
- Varron Tertius the Schism Shard Collector
- The questgivers (and quest entrances) for all of the following quests:
- Teleport NPC's to the following locations:
- Several bug fixes and typos fixed
- An otherworldly hut has appeared in the Stormreach Harbor.
- There is now a moving platform elevator from the docks in the Stormreach Harbor up the cliffside.
- All Epic XP rewards for Catacombs quests have been increased.
- Epic XP for The Mystery of Delera's Tomb and Free Delera have been Increased.
Released on February 12, 2020
- Two Adventure Packs have had an epic treatment:
- New Class: The Alchemist
- Anniversary event is back
- New 64-bit Client (Beta)
- Changes to Stealth Play
- Melee changes
- Better ways to quickly close the gap to an enemy
- Strikethrough replaces glancing blows
- Allows you to potentially hit more than one enemy with the full strength of the weapon
- Changes throughout the game where glancing blows was updated, it is now Strikethrough
- Non-Quarterstaff Two-Handed Animations have been update
- Changes to the two-handed feat line
- Feat Changes
- New: Simple Thrown Weapon Expertise
- New: Multitude of Missiles
- New: Accelerate Spell Metamagic
- Diety feat lines have been modified
- Cargo hold stat buff and resistance amenities can no longer be bought
- Existing ones you have still work
- Many other changes and bug fixes