Alignment: Lawful Good
Hit Dice: d10
Creation: (2 + Intelligence Modifier) x 4
Leveling: 2 + Intelligence Modifier
Shields (except tower shields)
Paladins are supremely resilient and have a good balance of offense and defense. They protect and support allies better than the other melee classes, provide some healing, and wield the power of good as a mighty weapons.
Through their devotion and purity, paladins gain many special abilities. They can deal extra damage to evil creatures, can boost their own saves, and can use Layon Hands to send powerful healing energy to allies.
At level 4 paladins get their first helpful spells which they can use to aid themselves or their party.
Paladins also get immunities to harmful effects like disease and fear, and radiate powerful protective auras that help defend all nearby allies.
|Past Life: Paladin||You were a Paladin in a past life. You occasionally find yourself overcome with righteous fervor. Each time you acquire this feat you gain:
|Past Life: Soldier of the Faith||You recall more about your past life as a paladin. By taking this feat you gain:
- See Also: Paladin Spells
- Paladins cast divine spells.
- A Paladin casts spells from the Paladin spell list.
- Paladins get bonus spell points based on their Wisdom scores. The minimum Wisdom score needed to cast a Paladin spell is 10 + the spell’s level.
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Reflex Save||Will Save||Autogranted||Spell Points||1st||2nd||3rd||4th|
- Aura of Good: Grants +1 bonus to Armor Class and +1 bonus to saving throws to all characters within range.
- Religious Lore: This feat grants represents your knowledge of religion. This feat is received once for every paladin level.
- Smite Evil (1/Day): When activated, this feat triggers a special melee attack against Evil creatures. The Paladin adds his/her Charisma modifier x 2 (if any) to his/her attack roll and deals extra damage based on his/her paladin level. The extra damage done is 7+3*level. For instance, a 6th level paladin does 7+(3*6) (or 25) extra damage on a successful smite. If the paladin accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, or is not in range, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up. Paladins get one base use of this ability at level one, plus one more at level five and every five levels after 5th (at 10th, 15th and 20th, for a maximum of 5 uses). Smite Evil recharges at a rate of 1 every 90 seconds, and all uses return after any day.
- Follower of your faith: Choose one of the Follower feats that are available based on the deities your race follows. This will be used as the bases for subsequent a feat at level 6.
- Divine Grace: Allows the paladin to add its Charisma modifier to all saving throws. Divine Grace is capped at 2 + (3 * paladin level).
- Lay on Hands (1/Day): Heals a friendly target for ( 10 + Paladin level ) x Charisma modifier amount of hit points, or deals that much damage to an undead target. The amount healed does not suffer a penalty when used on Warforged.
- Aura of Courage: Each ally within 10 feet of the paladin gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects. This ability functions while the paladin is conscious, but not if she is unconscious or dead.
- Divine Health: A paladin is immune to all diseases.
- Fear Immunity: A paladin is immune to fear effects.
- Gain the ability to cast Paladin spells. Your effective caster level is equal to your Paladin level.
- Turn Undead This feat allows the character to turn or at higher levels destroy undead creatures. The character can do this (3 + their Charisma modifier) times per day. While turning undead is an active skill, this feat is passive as it adds to the total amount of turns per day. While enhancements from both Cleric and Paladin stack, as far as number and power of turns, the base number of turns do not stack with each other.
- Smite Evil (2/Day): Paladins can use this ability one additional time per day. You can now Smite evil 2 times per day. Smite evil also now recharges at a rate of 1 every 90 seconds.
- Remove Disease (1/Day): At 6th level, a paladin can produce a remove disease effect, as the spell, once per day. It can use this ability one additional time per day for every three levels after 6th (twice per day at 9th level).
- Deity Active Ability: A new active ability feat will be chosen at this level. It is based on the deity feat chosen at level 1.
- Remove Disease (2/Day): Paladins can use this ability one additional time per day. You can now remove disease 2 times per day.
- Smite Evil (3/Day): Paladins can use this ability one additional time per day. You can now Smite evil 3 times per day.
- Remove Disease (3/Day): Paladins can use this ability one additional time per day. You can now remove disease 3 times per day.
- Remove Disease (4/Day): Paladins can use this ability one additional time per day. You can now remove disease 4 times per day.
- Smite Evil (4/Day): Paladins can use this ability one additional time per day. You can now Smite evil 4 times per day.
- Remove Disease (5/Day): Paladins can use this ability one additional time per day. You can now remove disease 4 times per day.
- Smite Evil (5/Day): Paladins can use this ability one additional time per day. You can now Smite evil 5 times per day.