A Feat is a way that you can improve your character, either by enhancing something you already have, or by adding a new capability that your character doesn't currently have. Feats can be given automatically when you level a character, or at certain points during the leveling process, you are able to pick feats from specific lists.
Picking a Feat
Every character gets to choose a feet at specific times during the leveling process. These times are:
- Level 1, during the character creation process, a standard feat can be selected
- Level 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 during the leveling process a standard feat can be selected
- Level 21, 24, 27 and 30 either a standard feat or an Epic Feat can be selected
- Level 26, 28 and 29, during the leveling process a Destiny Feat or a standard feat can be selected
- Level 30, during the leveling process a Legendary Feat can be selected
In addition to the feats that are available for all characters, other feats are selectable or auto-granted based on your race and/or class choices.
Specific classes and races can choose additional feats during either the character creation process, or the leveling process.
- Artificers get a bonus feat at Artificer level 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20
- Fighters get a bonus feat at Fighter level 1, 2 and every even heroic level after that.
- Monks get a bonus feat at Monk level 1, 2 and 6
- Rogues get a bonus feat at Rogue level 10, 13, 16, and 19
- Wizard get a bonus feat at Wizard level 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20
- Half-Elves get a Dilettante feat at level 1
- Humans get an extra standard feat at level 1
Automatically Granted Feats
- Every character gets free feats during the character creating process and leveling process. These are granted at specific times.
- Specific races get free feats granted at level 1.
- Classes can get feats granted to them as they level. See the individual class pages for what feat and when they are granted.
The character sheet in game can show you what feats the character currently has. Press c in game to bring up the character sheet, then click on the feats tab (highlighted in yellow below) to see the list of feats. An example is shown below.
The feats tab is broken into 3 sections:
- Look Highlighted in Green: This section can change how the list of feats looks. In this section there is:
- A dropdown to change the sort order
- A button to expand all the entries
- A button to collapse all the sections
- List Highlighted in Blue: This section shows the list of feats based on settings in the look and active sections
- Active Highlighted in Purple: This section allows you to select which feats to show in the list There are check marks to include or remove:
- Active feats
- Passive feats
- Trained feats
- Feats the character doesn't currently have
The collapsed sections usually are there to group specific types of feats. Examples include:
- Past live feats
- Special feats
- Tomes you have used
- Feats granted from favor
- Deity feats
- Class feats (i.e. Monk feats)