Hit Dice: d6
Creation: (4 + Intelligence Modifier) x 4
Leveling: 4 + Intelligence Modifier
Sorcerers are born with the ability to use powerful magic. They have fewer spells than wizards but can cast much faster and more often.
Sorcerers can innately cast arcane spells without needing academic training like wizards. They can only perform a fixed number of spells in this way, but they can cast them much faster and can do more damage over time.
Sorcerers, along with Favored Souls, get more spell points than any of the other classes. They also gain more bonus spell points from special magic items. As a result, they can cast more often.
Sorcerers cannot switch spells at taverns or rest shrines. They are able to switch spells but to do so they must undergo a special ritual than can only be done once every few days.
|Past Life: Sorcerer||You were a Sorcerer in a past life. You occasionally find yourself daydreaming of dragons. Each time you acquire this feat you gain:
|Past Life: Arcane Prodigy||You recall more about your past life as a sorcerer. By taking this feat you gain:
- See Also: Sorcerer Spells
- Sorcerers cast arcane spells.
- Sorcerers cast spells faster than other spellcasting classes. The improvement is comparable to the Quicken feat, and stacks with Quicken, but does not prevent interruption of spellcasting as Quicken does.
- Sorcerers also have reduced cooldown on most their spells, generally 50%-100% faster than a wizard, although it varies from spell to spell.
Wizards and sorcerers do not know how to wear armor effectively.
If desired, they can wear armor anyway (though they’ll be clumsy in it), or they can gain training in the proper use of armor (with the various Armor Proficiency feats—light, medium, and heavy—and the Shield Proficiency feat), or they can multiclass to add a class that grants them armor proficiency. Even if a wizard or sorcerer is wearing armor with which they are proficient, however, it might still interfere with spellcasting.
Armor restricts the complicated gestures that a wizards or sorcerer must make while casting any spell that has a somatic component (most do). The armor and shield descriptions list the arcane spell failure chance for different armors and shields.
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Reflex Save||Will Save||Autogranted||Spell Points||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th||9th|
|1||+0||+0||+0||+2||Dismiss Charm, Magical Training||180||2||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
- Arcane Lore: Represents your knowledge of the arcane. This feat is received once for every sorcerer level.
- Dismiss Charm: Activate this short-ranged ability while targeting a charmed, commanded, controlled, or dominated enemy that is under your control to dispel the controlling effect.
- Magical Training: Magical training gives the user additional benefits for spell casting.