Alignment: Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral
Hit Dice: d6
Creation: (6 + Intelligence Modifier) x 4
Leveling: 6 + Intelligence Modifier
Use Magic Device
Martial Weapons (Longsword, Rapier, Short Sword, Shortbow)
Shields (except tower shields)
Using sells, skills, and powerful magical songs, Bards are the ultimate support characters, simultaneously strengthening friends and weakening foes.
Playing songs is the bard's most impressive ability. With songs bards can give a boost to their allies abilities or subdue foes. The Fascinate song can mesmerize and immobilize enemies better than other class's spells or abilities.
Bards also have mastery of many different kinds of spells. They can heal allies or attack and manipulate foes and have more spell points than any of the other melee or specialist classes.
With this special blend of abilities, bards can make any party more effective, regardless of composition.
|Past Life: Bard||You were a Bard in a past life. You occasionally find yourself humming a merry tune. Each time you acquire this feat you gain:
|Past Life: Bardic Dilettante||You recall more about your past life as a bard. By taking this feat you gain:
- See Also: Bard Spells
- A bard casts spells from a selection of arcane and divine spells, which are drawn from the bard spell list. The casting ability of a bard is his Charisma.
- Like sorcerers, bards do not have to prepare spells. Instead they can learn a limited number of spells which are always available to be cast.
- A bard also gets bonus spell points from his Charisma modifier.
- A Bard is limited to casting spells no higher level than his Charisma-10.
- The Arcane Spell Failure from light armor (but not shields) is ignored by Bards when casting Bard spells.
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Reflex Save||Will Save||Autogranted||Spell Points||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th|
|1||+0/+0||+0||+2||+2||Dismiss Charm, Fascinate, Inspire Courage||50||1||-||-||-||-||-|
|8||+6/+6/+11/+16||+2||+6||+6||Improved Inspire Courage (+1)||225||4||4||3||-||-||-|
|12||+9/+9/+14/+19||+4||+8||+8||Song of Freedom||325||4||4||4||3||-||-|
|14||+10/+10/+15/+20||+4||+9||+9||Improved Inspire Courage (+2)||375||4||4||4||4||3||-|
|20||+15/+15/+20/+25||+6||+12||+12||Improved Inspire Courage (+3)||525||5||5||5||5||5||4|
- Arcane Lore: Represents your knowledge of the arcane. This feat is received once for every bard level.
- Dismiss Charm: Activate this short-ranged ability while targeting a charmed, commanded, controlled, or dominated enemy that is under your control to dispel the controlling effect.
- Fascinate: This feat forces the enemy to sit quietly and take no action for a short period of time or until it is attacked. Requires 3 or more ranks in the Perform skill.
- Inspire Courage: A bard with 3 or more ranks in the Perform skill can use song or poetics to inspire courage in his allies (including themselves), bolstering the party against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to hear the bard sing. The effect lasts for 4 minutes. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 8th level, this bonus increases by 1 (+2 at level 8). Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability.
- Religious Lore: This feat grants represents your knowledge of religion. Obtain at level 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. of bard taken.
- Wilderness Lore: This feat grants represents your knowledge of the wilderness. Obtain at level 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. of bard taken.
- Inspire Competence: A bard can use its music or poetics to help an ally succeed at a task. The ally must be within 30 feet and able to see and hear the bard. The bard must also be able to see the ally. The ally gets a +2 competence bonus on skill checks with all skills. A bard cannot inspire competence in themselves. Inspire competence is a mind-affecting ability. Requires 6 or more ranks in the Perform skill.
- Suggestion: A bard of 6th level or higher with 9 or more ranks in the Perform skill can use a song that casts a spell similar to the Suggestion spell on a creature that he has already fascinated. Using this ability does not break the bard’s concentration on the fascinate effect, nor does it allow a second saving throw against the fascinate effect.
- Improved Inspire Courage (+1): This feat increases the bonuses of the Inspire Courage feat (i.e., attack and damage bonuses, and saving throws vs. charm and fear effects) by an additional +1, for a total of +2.
- Inspire Greatness: A bard of 9th level or higher with 12 or more ranks in the Perform skill can use its music or poetics to help an ally excel in combat. The ally must be within 30 feet and able to see and hear the bard. The bard must also be able to see the ally. The ally gets a +2 attack roll competence bonus, a +1 fortitude save competence bonus, and 2 temporary hit dice.
- Song of Freedom: A bard of 12th level or higher with 15 or more ranks in the Perform skill can use its music or poetics to break all enchantments affecting an ally. The ally must be within 30 feet and able to see and hear the bard. The bard must also be able to see the ally. This ability is equivalent to the Break Enchantment spell.
- Improved Inspire Courage (+2): This feat increases the bonuses of the Inspire Courage feat (i.e., attack and damage bonuses, and saving throws vs. charm and fear effects) by an additional +1, for a total of +3.
- Inspire Heroics: A bard of 15th level or higher with 18 or more ranks in the Perform skill can use its music or poetics to grant a +4 to saves (does not stack with Greater Heroism) and a +4 to AC to a single target.
- Mass Suggestion: A bard of 18th level or higher with 21 or more ranks in the Perform skill can activate this bard ability to charm multiple fascinated foes for a short time.