Creation: (2 + Intelligence Modifier) x 4
Leveling: 2 + Intelligence Modifier
Shields (except tower shields)
Wielding divine magic to both heal and destroy, favored souls have fewer spells than clerics but can cast more often
With their innate connection to the device, favored souls can cast divine spells without needing time for study and prayer like clerics, but they can only perform a fixed number spells in this way.
Like clerics, favored souls have access to powerful healing spells. Favored souls and sorcerers get more spell points than any of the other classes. They also gain more bonus spell points from special magic items. As a result, they can cast more often.
Favored souls cannot switch spells of taverns or rest shrines. They are able to switch spells but to do so they must undergo a special ritual that can only be done every few days.
|Past Life: Favored Soul||You were a Favored Soul in a past life. You occasionally find yourself wishing to leap off of tall things. Each time you acquire this feat you gain:
|Past Life: Acolyte of Divine Secrets||You recall more about your past life as a favored soul. By taking this feat you gain:
- See Also: Favored Soul Spells
- A Favored Soul casts divine spells.
- The list is nearly identical to Cleric spell list, the only difference being Seek Eternal Rest spell which is not available to Favored Souls.
- To learn and cast a spell, a Favored Soul must have a Charisma or Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + spell level.
- The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Favored Soul's spell is 10 + spell level + Favored Soul's Charisma or Wisdom modifier.
- A Favored Soul has same casting speed and casting cooldown as a Wizard or Cleric.
|Favored Soul||Spell Information|
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Reflex Save||Will Save||Autogranted||Spell Points||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th||9th|
- Religious Lore: This feat grants represents your knowledge of religion. This feat is received once for every favored soul level.
- Magical Training: Magical training gives the user additional benefits for spell casting.
- Follower of your faith: Choose one of the Follower feats that are available based on the deities your race follows. This will be used as the bases for subsequent a feats at levels 3, 6, 12 and 20.
- Grace of Battle or Knowledge of Battle: Choose a feat that allows you to use either your Charisma (Grace of Battle) or Wisdom (Knowledge of Battle) for to-hit and damage purposes with your deities' Favored Weapon if it is higher than your Strength bonus. This benefit only applies if your Favored Soul level is equal to or greater than half of your total Heroic Character level.
- Child of your faith: Gain an additional feat that adds to the attack and damage bonus for your deities favored weapon.
- Energy Absorption: Choose an element to add 10% energy absorption from one of:
- Deity Active Ability: A new active ability feat will be chosen at this level. It is based on the deity feat chosen at level 1.
- Stout of Heart or Purity of Heart: Choose a feat that gives you extra Hit Points or Spell Points per Heroic and Epic Character level.
- Energy Absorption: Choose an additional element to add stacking energy resistance (one not chosen at level 5) from one of:
- Beloved of your faith: Gain an additional feat that adds to the attack and damage bonus for your deities favored weapon.
- Energy Absorption: Choose an additional element to add stacking energy resistance (one not chosen at level 5 or 10) from one of:
- Leap of Faith: Gain the Leap of Faith feat that allows you to leap through the air to bring the fight to your enemies or traverse chasms that make normal adventurers balk.
- Damage Reduction 10: Gain Damage Reduction 10, that is bypassed by material specific to your chosen deity.