- Blood of Vol
- Silver Flame
- Sovereign Host
- +1 Move Silently
- +1 Dexterity
- +1 Racial Action Point
- +2 Dexterity
- -2 Strength
- +1 size bonus to Armor Class
- +1 size bonus on Attack rolls
- +4 size bonus on Hide checks
- +2 racial bonus on Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the Halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons.
- Carrying capacity is three-quarters of that of a Medium character.
- -4 Intimidate penalty for each class size lower (-4 vs. normal, -8 vs. large).
Halflings are an affable and cheerful people. They cherish the bonds of family and friendship as well as the comforts of hearth and home, harboring few dreams of gold or glory. Even adventurers among them usually venture into the world for reasons of community, friendship, wanderlust, or curiosity. They love discovering new things, even simple things, such as an exotic food or an unfamiliar style of clothing.
Though some halflings live out their days in remote agricultural communities, others form nomadic bands that travel constantly, lured by the open road and the wide horizon to discover the wonders of new lands and peoples. But even these wanderers love peace, food, hearth, and home, though home might be a wagon jostling along an old dirt road.
Halflings usually set out on the adventurer’s path to defend their communities, support their friends, or explore a wide and wonder-filled world. For them, adventuring is less a career than an opportunity or sometimes a necessity.