Of Special Note:
The Isle of Dread has arrived!
A mysterious island reappears off the coast of Stormreach and Foxpaw has been kidnapped by pirates to be dragged away to the island. To make matters worse, the Cult of Vecna has been sighted in the region. It can't be a coincidence. Prehistoric dangers await any that step onto the island's shores...if they can survive the passage.
Explore the island's mysterious ruins, encounter fearsome foes, gather new powerful items, play as the new Tabaxi race, and uncover what the Cult of Vecna is planning. The Isle of Dread is available to purchase now! Players that purchase the expansion now will receive immediate access to ingame items, cosmetics, and the all-new Tabaxi race! Learn more on DDO.com. Get started with Isle of Dread by speaking to Zalnathe the Dread Bundle Item Vendor to get any items with your purchase, and speak to Wulth Sulfork to travel to the Isle of Dread! Both NPCs are located in The Harbor past the Hut from Beyond on the Stormreach docks.
News and Notes:
- A large variety of typos in various pieces of content and the user interface have been fixed.
- Fixed an incorrect DC description for Devour the Soul.
- SLAs in Divine Disciple may now heal undead players.
- The Heighten Metamagic feat will no longer lower your spell DCs.
- Greater Color Spray SLAs are now considered to be spell level 5.
- Quench from Bottled Rainstorm now has a 1 second cooldown.
- Removed visual effects from Tidal's on-hit imbue to prevent client lag.
- Several armors have had their Maximum Dexterity Bonus corrected to appropriate values.
- The Banquet Hall amenity no longer removes itself while zoning.
- Otto's Stones of Experience no longer tell you that they add Epic Destiny XP.
- Stat damage in dungeons is now restored more reliably.
- Recipe text for augments in the Remnant Vendor are now correct.
- On-hit fire damage from Champions now respects its internal cooldown.
- Produce Flame may now be cast directionally.
- Fixed a Tabaxi character creation bug where bows were sometimes held backwards.
- Fixed typos in Vampire Ascendant Shroud.
- Favored Soul Grace of Battle and Knowledge of Battle's effect on items now have slightly better effect nomenclature.
- The Horseshoe Crab Shield now has a description.
- The Golden Orb of Death's description now has punctuation.
- Some collectibles are now categorized better.
- Resist Energy: Sonic now gets bonus caster levels from Sorcerer's Air Savant correctly.
- Fixed a string table error with the NPC Hada D'Jorasco.
- Shadowdancer's Shadowstrike (Melee) now has a snappier animation.
- Some old Epic Destiny ability scripting has been removed from Exalted Angel.
- Rune Arms with Reaper bonuses now work 100% of the time.
- Magus' Destiny Mantle no longer drops on zone transitions.
- Flame Strike now does its proper damage, respects its line-of-sight requirements, and no longer gets supercharged when cast by a monster.
- The 10% bonus to Ability Score Modifier to Damage granted by wielding a Bastard Sword or Dwarven Waraxe now applies properly regardless of exactly how you are using those weapons.
- Fixed an issue where bonuses to Ability Score Modifier to Damage while using a Bastard Sword or Dwarven Waraxe would not apply correctly in some circumstances.
- Tabaxi Trailblazer's Attune no longer drops on death.
- Belt of the Ram's ability, Ram's Might, no longer drops on death.
- Eldritch Knight's Subtle Force I now gives its listed Sonic Resistance.
- Divine Crusader's Consecrate now properly damages non-evil creatures.
- Using the shift key to fast fall now works on Monk's Slow Fall.
- The evil spirit that has been resetting so many bear traps after they've been triggered has been exorcised from DDO for now. Most bear traps will now only trigger once.
- You may now trade 100 pack ingredients for a Star Fragment, and 100 Star Fragments and 500 Threads of Fate for a Nebula Fragment.
- Enchantment DCs are now an option in Tier 3 of Magus of the Eclipse.
- Teleport items found within expansion packs have been upgraded! These items are now able to teleport you to all destinations that the other teleport items had access to - this means that if you have one of these items, you'll be able to teleport directly to the locations of all of them. You must own the item associated with the location you are attempting to teleport to. This means that, for example, when using the Sharn Boarding Pass, you'll be able to teleport to the Feywild if you own the Feywild Tuning Fork as a part of your account. However, you do not need to have the Tuning Fork with you to do this - which means that carrying one of these items is now equivalent to carrying all of them, potentially saving you inventory space. You may also drag these individual locations from the menu onto your hotbars, so if you need to reach a specific destination often, you can activate them from there instead of from your inventory. The following items are affected:
- Isle of Dread Treasure Map
- Saltmarsh Compass
- Feywild Tuning Fork
- Sharn Boarding Pass
- Bottle of Mist
- The Mysterious Ring in the Sands of Menechtarun adventure pack is now a little cooler!
- Many effects in the game that used to scale with Epic levels now scale with the total of your Epic and Legendary levels (effects that have changed this way specifically say so in their text.)
- Bonuses to Ability Score Modifier to Damage are now described the same way in tooltips for both the Single Weapon Fighting and Two Handed Fighting feats.
- If you now have bonuses to Ability Score Modifier to Damage from Single Weapon Fighting feats and Two Handed Fighting feats (including the new ML31 Specialty feats), only the highest of those two sets applies.
- Hamstring effects are now considered Bleed effects and can be removed with effects that remove bleeds such as Close Wounds and Regeneration.
- The dreaded exploding spiders of Sharn have had their Hit Points reduced to 25% of their original value. They also give a little more time before they explode. Blast them before they blast you.
- Epic Destinies
- In addition to earning more points for your Epic Destinies, the Epic Destinies will be modified to include their 4th core ability with the release of the level cap increase. These 4th core abilities each have a Minimum Level of 32.
New Destiny Feats
Here are the new minimum level 31+ Destiny feats now available with Update 55: Weapon Specialty Feats:
- These four feats grant bonuses that resemble the Greater version of their Heroic feat line. Each feat requires having the Greater version of one of the other three weapon style combat lines, essentially allowing those who have taken feats in one fighting style to gain the effects of the full 3-feat-chain of a different fighting style.
- Spell Specialty Feats: These require the Epic Spell Focus feat from a school other than the one you're picking here, essentially allowing you to improve your potency with a secondary school. These are also antirequisites of the base spell focus feats - so you can't double up on a school you already have a spell focus for.
- Elemental Form Specialty
- Wild Force
- Legendary Toughness
- Legendary Aim
- Enhanced Elemental Dice
- New augments, requiring Minimum Level 32 and using Level 32 scaling, debut with Isle of Dread.
- Cannith Crafting has been expanded to allow for the crafting of Level 31 and 32 items using Level 31 and 32 power levels.
- Creeping Death: Some traps have been updated to affect monsters, number of monsters reduced per group.
- The Dragonborn Prophesy Quests ("Black and Blue" and "Newcomers") have had the number of monsters reduced throughout both dungeons including removing several sets of monsters.
- Items within the Shared Crafting Storage now update their names and descriptions automagically should they be changed in a game update!
- Item bind status is now displayed on one line in item tooltips.
- Multiple improvements have been made to how weapons display their dice:
- Base damage rating now factors in your ability score modifier, which makes it a much better estimator of a weapon's relative effectiveness.
- Weapons no longer show dice estimations for their base and critical rolls, instead displaying a simplified view so that it's easier to understand what numbers mean.
- Augments now display prettier! Their slot types now appear in examination and are color-coded appropriately.
- There is now a separate icon for each Tome of Learning you've consumed.
- Hovering over your character's build type on the character sheet will now display that character's total past lives earned.
- The party display UI no longer makes players with temporary Hit Points appear to be at a higher percentage of health than they really are.
- Searching in any search bar no longer also sorts your shared bank and Details+ tab.
- Newly created Glamered shields will now cleanly equip to your cosmetic offhand without reporting that there's an inventory error when trying to double-click them.
- Glamered items will no longer improperly show their weapon dice or their augment slots.
- Glamered items have slightly prettier descriptions.
- The Quest Selector UI now has a search bar! This also works for searching by level. You may also now search for a specific level in the Adventure Compendium.
- You may now toggle between seeing your XP progress split into ranks as before or seeing the full level as one bar by using the XP Bar Toggle Button next to the D&D Ampersand Logo on your XP Bar.
- Some Isle of Dread ingredients are currently Bound to Account erroneously when they should be unbound.
- The incorrect chest is appearing when defeating certain purple-rares in the Isle of Dread landscape.
- The character sheet XP bar displays as full visually regardless of legendary XP earned.
- Chests in the Isle of Dread quest "Whispers of Return" do not give their correct treasure.