Base Attack Bonus
Your base attack bonus (commonly referred to as BAB by the d20 community) is an attack roll bonus derived from character class and level. Base attack bonuses increase at different rates for different character classes.
A minimum base attack bonus is required for certain feats.
The BAB is determined by what level you are in different classes. Each level in a specific class gives a value from .5 to 1.
- Classes that have +1 Base Attack Bonus per level
- Classes that have +.75 Base Attack Bonus per level
- Favored Soul
- Classes that have +.5 Base Attack Bonus per level
- All Epic levels
File:Character Sheet BAB.png On the character sheet, there is a section (highlighted above) that has the current Base Attack Bonus. The first number is the actual BAB. If there is more than one number, those are the adjusted BAB for each of the parts of the attach sequence.
Base Attack Bonus is used in multiple locations:
- Attack rolls with any weapon, including bare hands, get the value added to them
- The number of attacks in your attack sequence is determined from the value
- The player attack speed increases based on the BAB
- BAB is required for some combat related feats
- BAB scales the amount of Physical Resistance Rating that you receive for wearing armor