Of Special Note:
The Pre-purchase for The Isle of Dread begins on Wednesday!
Learn more about our upcoming Isle of Dread expansion in the DDO Market! The cult of Vecna has been sighted in the region, and now a mysterious island has reappeared off the coast. It can’t be a coincidence. Prehistoric dangers await any who set foot on the island’s shores, so only true heroes will be capable of surviving the threats and stopping the cult. Experience new adventures, new monsters, and a level cap increase to 32! Play the new character race the Tabaxi or the Iconic Tabaxi Trailblazer, get your permanent Raptor Hireling, and more! The Isle of Dread is currently scheduled to be released on June 8th, 2022.
Once you have pre-purchased Isle of Dread you can speak to an NPC located past the Hut From Beyond in the Harbor docks named Zalnathe to pick up your available pre-purchase items!
News and Notes
- Eldritch Knight's elemental damage dice should now more reliably add up.
- Eldritch Knight's Force's Point no longer spams your combat log.
- Fixed a typo in the Quicken Metamagic enhancement for Exalted Angel.
- A variety of active Exalted Angel abilities no longer work underwater.
- 1st core of Exalted Angel now provides magical training correctly.
- Fixed typos with Green and Shadow Dragon Breath in Draconic Incarnation.
- Feywild Attunement in Shiradi Champion now grants its listed Spellpower.
- Core 2 Shiradi now provides the doubled and listed dodge and fort bypass.
- Fatesinger's Grandeur now functions.
- Air Savant's Feather Fall no longer drops on death.
- Shadar-kai chain can now be used while quelled.
- Magus of the Eclipse: Lunar Insight now functions.
- All Magus actives may now be used while moving.
- Clarified Vistani core 4's tooltip to make sure it was more accurate.
- Regeneration no longer has visual effects and therefore no longer has visual effect bugs.
- Greensteel Regeneration no longer drops on death.
- Raging Blows in Barbarian now correctly grants its +1[W].
- Palemaster Undead Shrouds should now persist through logout better.
- Holy Mantle from Divine Crusader should now persist through logout better.
- Abyssal Shroud from Warlock should persist through logout better.
- Shiradi's Pin now grants its listed 3[W] instead of 1[W].
- Shiradi's Pin no longer has a DC.
- Fixed a typo in the Draconic Destiny Mantle.
- Fixed typo in Shiradi epic moment.
- Killer Instinct now has removal floaty text to make it clearer when it wears off.
- Storm's Eye now has no removal floaty text since that makes it visually obstructive.
- Scion of the Astral Plane no longer drops on death.
- Monster casted Flame Strike will damage players again.
- Epic Delera's Rune Arm now drops as intended.
- Legendary Saltmarsh Rune Arm now drops as intended.
- Creeping Doom and Divine Wrath no longer go through Spell Absorption.
- The Defiler of the Just Raid Questgiver no longer tries to teleport you into the dungeon no matter what you tell her.
- Epic Spell Power categories no longer require minimum level 26.
- Fixed typo in the Filigree Divinity: Seeker (Rare) (Melee attack power -> Melee Power).
- Fixed a typo in a generic Sharn text line for town NPCs.
- Fixed Slay:Blank bugs in the Splinterskull chain.
- Displacement no longer takes Enlarge since its a self-only spell.
- Artificers should find it much easier to mount up now while charging their Rune Arm.
- Prevented scenarios where a Reaper Ring enchantment could be erroneously non-applied to a non-ring item.
- Fixed a typo in barbarian's Focus Wide buff.
- Crazy Strikes now grants its Weapon[W] bonus correctly.
- Fatesinger Core 2 and 3 now grant its DCs.
- Shillelagh now correctly gives Bludgeon DR bypass instead of Magic.
- When you Release from a dungeon while dead, you will be brought back to life with 20 Hit Points instead of 1 HP.
- Trap the Soul has gotten an overhaul:
- There is no more Hit Dice limit on this spell, and there is only one variant.
- This spell now gives you the regular gem for all CRs.
- Cannith Crafting recipes just use that one regular gem.
- Changed the cooldown to 10 seconds (Sorcerer stays at 8 seconds).
- Shiradi caster mantles changes:
- All proc dice have been raised to 7d77.
- Spellcast scaling has been raised to 100%.
- Proc rate has been raised to 7%.
- The elements offered have changed: now you may select from Light, Force, Poison, or Sonic.
- The following Destiny Mantles now deal 1d6+6 damage per caster level when they proc:
- Magus of the Eclipse
- Primal Avatar
- Exalted Angel
Tabaxi and Tabaxi Iconic
- The Tabaxi Race and Tabaxi Trailblazer Iconic have been added to the game! The Tabaxi base race is FREE to VIPs, included in your pre-purchase of Isle of Dread, and will be available for DDO Points in the DDO Store in the future.
- Tabaxi are a base race that starts in Eberron. Resembling great cats like jungle cats, Tabaxi are a dexterous race that are light on their feet. Their innate feat allows them to move quickly for a after spending a short time planning their next move. Tabaxi make good Rogues, Monks, and Bards.
- Hovering over your Epic Destiny points now displays a context-sensitive tooltip that reports your points breakdown.
- The LFM UI Difficulty display element has been adjusted to be more vertically centered.
- Hovering over a weapon now factors in the Improved Critical feat.
- The character sheet has gotten a minor visual upgrade in its layout.
- It now shows you your total level instead of your total Action Points.
- Several text and bounding box inconsistencies have been fixed involving bad element placement.
- The Saves label is now Saving Throws and is the proper font.
- The BAB box is now lined up correctly, and the BAB amount is now centered.
- A variety of UI improvements relating to how we display Character Level have been made:
- Your character sheet no longer shows the Epic Class in its class breakdown.
- When someone requests to join your LFM, you will now see their total level in parenthesis and then their class breakdown, which will no longer include their Epic class levels. Text Literal: "$NAME$ ($LVL$)($CLASSES$) would like to join your party."
- The Character Selection screen will no longer display your Epic class levels.
- Examining a player now shows their Total level and then their class breakdown, and the class breakdown no longer displays their epic level.
- The Guild, Who, and LFM displays for players no longer shows their Epic levels as part of their class breakdown.
- The Who, Guild, and LFM UI elements for player entries now have appropriate Skin Mapping hookups for UI Skinning.
- There is a new Gameplay option: Force Heals to Self when Targeting Undead (default: false). While true, when you have an enemy Undead targeted, any positive healing actions will be cast on you instead of the undead.